Blade slays the beast!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bladeian, Jul 24, 2012.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

As I originally stated in my first reply before all the bitching about claiming you are perfectly entitled to claim for a replacement bike while yours is off the road.

As for the rest of my comment you have other things other than the bike to take into account with an accident like your clothing, helmets you just tap these and need to replace them! Why should you have to foot the bill yourself ?
    Whiplash and other injuries don't show straight away so you could carry on doing things that day and wake up in bad shape the next day.
    My motorcycle accident was life changing some things I was not compensated for because they were not noticed for a while so mention any little ache no matter how silly it may seem now

2. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

I've heard stories of slight niggles in ankles or shoulders manifesting in to crippling back problems six months down the line, so as Martin rightly says, get everything checked out and logged now, it's your life and your right.

3. bladeian

bladeian Member

yeah as for clothing etc i stayed on the bike no worries like i said damage was minimal anyway got the quote today it reads as follows
    tail light mount £8.71
    chain oiler 259.99
    labour to fit parts £90.00
    road test qc valet 45.00
    sundries cost 18.83
    recovery cost 110.00
    epa 5.00
    vat 107.50
    total 645.03
    Bloody joke really the scottoiler was £70 if that anyway cant see this kid affording that so up shit creek ending up paying loads in excess

4. MrB

MrB God Like

Something doesn't seem write with that. I deal with insurance jobs every day obviously not everything will need replacing just go for the bits that will get you back on the road. If you go the insurance route check out a contract repair.

5. bladeian

bladeian Member

Cheers MR B just need the tail mount for nuber plate but saying that ive got a tail tidy to put on so if i go with a rap tie to get it home really all that needs paying is the recovery???

6. MrB

MrB God Like

Seems who ever has been given the job to estimate the damage is trying to make a few quid out of the insurance co. You can instruct any garage to do this estimate for you, it doesn't have to be a garage the insurance co have specified. As there is no major damage I would get the bike back, might be worth having a chat with the responsible party to see if they will contribute to the repair bill failing that you do obviously have the option of insurance and the costs that come with it.

Good luck getting it sorted.

7. bladeian

bladeian Member

Well went and brought her back today :Dfrom what look like the motorcycle grave yard hundreds of bike just sat there was a sad sight saw a few blades plus a 07 repsol on the lift. Big thanks to everyone who posted glad this is over and hopefully the weather will hold. CBR1000RR5 pictures by ianwhyatt - Photobucket treated her to some carbon while i wait to put the tail tidy on

8. MrB

MrB God Like

Nice one, must be good to get her home.

9. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Glad its all sorted, and i am glad you decided not to join the throng of thieves who claim for compo when not really injured..... nice one.

#29 Hudson, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012