Bored already

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Carl, Dec 24, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I feel for Bardo and those in his position and Matt, Ciarán and their ilk deserve all the praise they can get at this and any other time of the year, but am 100% behind Jimbo's sentiment. I don't think I've seen the 'sales' signs taken down at all this year. Times are hard and sales figures have to be met but come on.

We shopped on our way home on Friday night and the huge Tesco in Exeter was bursting with people, many double trolleying with enough crap to survive the apocalypse. And I'll warrant half of them were back in there this morning stocking up on more crap. I forced Jeanette to do a normal weeks worth of shopping but relented half way around and decided to do a fortnight's worth just so we wouldn't need to expose ourselves to the same zombies, who will be there again this week, completely surprised that the shops were shut yesterday.

Personally I've got better things to do on my day off, like sod all.

To all those working today caring and protecting us from the forces of darkness, I will be raising a glass to you as the day goes on. To all those working for the man separating fat Chavs fighting over the last pair of Barbie pink jeggings in hippo size, you'll get one raised too. On this day you're almost as deserving.

2. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Your right there Jimbo, 50% off crap and still crap.

3. Givover

Givover God Like

Well said Ken and i think you speak for us all .No sales for us as we only buy what we want and if its a few quid dearer so what .Just seen the news on the opening of Selfridges in London and guess what the first ten thousand through the door where Chinese /Asians so a real ideal time to off load a pile of (bought in) for today shite and off load it back to where it came from .Happy Daze and a great ploy .