Boy Racers Don't u love them.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Devil

Devil Active Member

Ha ha love the posts above about the scooters and im with kpone although they do irritate me they also make me laugh especially when your flat out leaning on the tank and you just get time to recognise the scooter coming up as though he was doing 170mph in reverse due to your closing speed and as your brain registers the "thats the kid from down the road" BOOM your past him and already vanishing out of sight. That must shit the life out of them!

But I do admire the whole "have ago attitidue".

Cheers for the comments on the story guys. Thumbs up! :)

2. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

reply to inappropriate cars that try to race-- I caught a Nissan Pathfinder on some twisty roads narrow too, he put his foot down to show me how fast his 'truck' was, the thing was bouncing all over the road I just sat on his tail nearly pissing myself laughing at the shapes it was making and the amount of fuel (money) he was burning

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Perhaps they really don't understand the dynamics of motorcycles. Perhaps we could organise some kind of awareness day for car drivers who SMIDSY bikers, where we can demonstrate how vulnerable we are, how much armour we need to wear to protect ourselves, how much we strive to make ourselves and our bikes as visible as possible to make it easier for othe road users to be aware of our presence.

Then we could put them on the pillion and scare the living shit out of them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gixerthou

gixerthou Active Member

things like Top Gear dont help

or even the mag Fast Ford

they believe that stuff as if it was the word or God

Fast Ford !!!!

and just because the stig or who ever can smoke all four tyres out of a corner on and empty track

they think there M3xrTURBOinjectionSTsport is the closest thing to lightspeed in the known world

0-60 in 3 secs and most of them would pass out - or wet themselves

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Perhaps the real reason Clarkson hates us is because we have hypercar performance for 11 grand out of the box, it costs us £250 to insure it with protected no claims bonus, we get 40 miles to the gallon and we can use it comfortably for commuting even if we decide not to filter the traffic jams.

When you put it that way even I think we're a bunch of smug bastards.

And we look cool too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Similar tale to u all, M5 (car not mway), pestering me on a68 headed toward Darlington - he came steaming past me n then dabbed his brakes quite hard - hard enough for me to put ma hands back on the bars (yeah I was being a big kid flapping my arms about) and get a bit of front brake. Heard him downshift and saw a big puff of smoke out of his quads - it sounded lovely but had no go - I just left it in sixth rolled on and went past him with my left hand on my leg and me giving him mk1 eyeball thru his side window, shook ma head and carried on rolling and buggered off...havnt the foggiest idea what he was thinking about ???

7. Devil

Devil Active Member

Ive seen horses that can run faster than most cars.
    I have to say though, my other half has the best picture, which I shall get off her at some point and post on here. While in London sitting at the lights with her on the back, I didn't notice at first but then suddenly she's tapping me on the shoulder, I look up and see about 20 pizza delivery riders on their little 50's and 125's sitting at the lights. Ahead lie a long straight and believe me when you see the pic you'll understand what I mean by funny as hell. Their all just sat there and once the lights change. . .bam their off like a swarm of locusts but when you try and follow them through the traffic suddenly you think holy shit these guys REALLY want the tips they'll be getting. Or they really do care that you get your pizza hot!! :) Either way after seeing that and trying to follow the mad fuckers I have ordered pizza since and opened the door to see this little guy with his ped ticking over with a sound no more than the decibel of a fly wizzing round my front room and thought what did he do to get here and what the fuck will he be like leaving!! The should make a documentary of a pizza delivery rider but me thinks that only us lot of bikers would understand the humour of near misses where as the rest of the folk on the road would be "ooooing" and "that was close" and "Christ we need to put a stop to these maniacs on two wheels". I think ive just talked myself out of that documentary. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My point exactly.

9. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Right enough of that, I want to hear what has beaten you on the road...
    A couple I remember are...
    A Lancer Evo something against my 98 Fireblade. It was a twisty road I know well, but a bit damp and this bloke pulled away every time we braked and cornered. Nothing I could do without riding way above my abilities.
    An 00 or 01 R1 against my 01 R1 (!). Same road. Arrived there together from a 30mph zone. I barely even got a chance to react before this guy had wheelied off between traffic. I immediately realised I was beat and didn't even try. I think he was a journo for one of the bike mags.
    My favourite one though was a 911 turbo against my 01 CBR600. This was on a motorway and he was keeping with me at 145ish, when I decided enough was enough, slowed to 80 and pulled to the left. He streaked past, no doubt quite chuffed with himself. I don't know if he had even seen the police car on the bridge above us :)

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Personally, and I'm opening myself up to white feathers in the post here, if they don't take the hint immediately after an initial demonstration of power to weight ratios, I have a tendency to leave them well alone. Not having the crumple zones or air bags on the 'Blade that I have in the car.

11. Devil

Devil Active Member

The only thing to have surprised me was an AMG Merc, not sure what kind but it was growling next to me at the lights. I was on my 2005 ZX6R Ninja, we entered onto the motorway and I remember thinking "look at this guy" and was just about to overtake him and then he put his foot down and boy did that thing go...! I got to 165mph in no time and he was still a way in front, I held that speed for as long as I could and I think I saw 166mph and I think he was still pulling away from me. He did move over and put his thumb up with a smile on his face. I nodded to him and returned the thumbs up and then we hit abit of traffic. After being man enough to admit I had my arse kicked, I took the greatest pleasure in just before entering into that lane that becomes a bikes only lane (The between cars lane) I waved and rode through with the thoughts "F**k me that thing was really quick".

#31 Devil, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  12. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Watch this for a boy racer dabble with a bike .. Amazing driving .. Fair play

[video]http://youtu.be/zwCp_AgkFdM[/video]

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Love it. D'ya see the zip tie on the bike's key...Please tell me he's taken it on a test ride.