brembo hpk mk4 calipers

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

2. rougharse

rougharse Active Member

That was my next question. and yes we will hook up as soon as the weather changes mate.

3. rougharse

rougharse Active Member

Mmmm BST's. Here we go again lol

4. Midrange

Midrange Active Member

For the road it'd just be bling factor for me, I know I don't brake hard enough for them to make the difference on the road.

Even on track the OE calipers with dual carbon pads are very, very good.

The good thing about Brembo kit is that it does hold it's price better than most parts you'd be putting on a bike, the master cylinders are pretty universal and the calipers are transferable (as long as you stick to a 108mm bike).

• Like Like x 2
  5. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I agree OE gear is good but IMO having really good brakes on the road is mega important.

I am pretty positive that had I not upgraded my brakes I would not have been in one piece on at least two occasions this year. Riding on the road is the most dangerous place to ride IMO and having a bike with great suspension and brakes plus of course good tyres is money well spent as is good riding gear.

Anything that helps keep a road rider alive is a bonus, much more chance getting killed or seriously injured than on a track.

My brakes are far better than OE and have significantly reduced my stopping distances, plus I can brake a lot later into bends ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Haha, the forum is the worst place to visit for spending money. Everyone shows you all the nice things you can get and just when you think you are done......someone shows you something else.

• Like Like x 4
  7. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

leave the evotech clutch lever on i have with the asv like u brembo brake m/cyl .added expense for what ? it will look great

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Cheers agreed ! I love the evotech levers and the quality is superb, should look ok as well as its a fold up like the Brembo :)

9. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I will be the guinea pig on the ABS system with Brembo M4's and RCS then by the sounds of it.

I'll soon know if the ABS system hinders the performance of the new setup and give a review.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Keep me posted on this please.. I'm considering thd conversion myself for mine .. They look awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

You know something mate, you just put a thought into my mind, and I added up the cost of most of the mods that I have done to my bike.

This forum has cost me £5k in mods alone. Not including the ones that I have done twice.

Damn you 1000rr.co.uk !!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I know what you mean Colin! I've spent as much in the last 6 months since I joined the forum as I had.done in the last couple of years.

13. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Lol

That's it I'm logging off :)

14. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Did some schoolboy maths and worked out that due to the increase of the caliper pistons the ABS pistons needs to move an extra 1.22 Cm3 of fluid for every 0.1cm the caliper pistons moves. Also the multiplication of hydraulic force will increase(I get 20% but that can't be right someone correct me!!). Hopefully the ABS will be able to adapt to these changes, but I'm sure the bods at Honda programmed this into the ECU!

You give the green light and I'm right behind you! grinning-smiley-043 (1).gif

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

Are people replacing the stock discs if still fitted when they fit the M4's or using them up and then replacing? Am looking at getting a pair of calipers and mc but to keep costs down initially was looking to use standard disc and then replace them with T Drives once they were spent or I had another £3-400 spare. Basically are the stock discs ok with M4's and RCS?

Cheers

16. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

M4's are fine to use with the original discs, although the braking system would be complete with the T-drives

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

Cheers Skippy, agree will definitely be getting some of the T - Drives too maybe not straight away unless I can keep it on the down low from the mrs :)

18. Jamiestrada

Going on this weekend with a 19 RCS

[​IMG]

I'm keeping std discs until I need to add the t drives

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dano28

Dano28 Active Member

Very nice! Are most people buying the RCS from the same eBay seller that does the M4's? Think they are Supplyco on eBay?

Cheers

20. Jamiestrada

I got the RCS from them with reservoir, but the M4 were a tip from a friend, second hand (2 months use) they look new to me :) and a bargain... :)