casey stoner to retire

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bladebhoy, May 17, 2012.

1. Hobey600

Hobey600 Active Member

That will be a real shame if he goes, i don't think he's really a 'people's person' but you can't deny the fact that he rides like a demon possessed.

It will indeed be interesting to see whO is going to take his place on that particular team. It would be good to see Rossi ride for Honda again, but then I also think crutchlow could be a good choice.....who knows, not me that's for sure as unfortunately my balls are made of meat and not crystal

Xx

2. Carlosoul

Carlosoul Active Member

Give it to Rossi, imagine Rossi on a Honda again... come on!

• Like Like x 2
  3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I never used to like Stoner because i always thought he made excuses as why he lost races or crashed and i really did think that he believed that he was better than Rossi of whom i was a big fan.

However after seeing what Stoner was doing week in week out with the Ducati and then really dominating with the Honda and at the same time watching Rossi struggle so badly on the Ducati i realised that Stoner really was the real deal. I hope the bloke goes to WSBK and shows them how its done there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

just heard and bloody hell. always thought how would he ride now he has a kid.

or was it the wife telling him what to do?

5. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Im gutted.
    Stoner is absolutely awesome!
    I really don't want Rossi to get the Honda ride - time for new blood.
    I would love to see Cal get it, but as said before, I believe Marquez is being groomed (for stardom).

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Can't be assed to read links but here's my two pennies.

Cant give it to Marquez as a rookie can't get a factory ride...

Dont like stoner as a person but awesome rider and will be a miss to the series as to be a worthy champion you have to beat the best, if he does retire whoever wins it will be told they have won it cos stoner isn't around, bit like year Rossi broke his leg, poor old Lorenzo's title was worth less as Rossi wasn't racing.

Having said that - think it's bollox anyway, bet he rides in 2013 when someone puts his toys back in the pram for whatever reason hes thrown them out this time.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Return of the G.O.A.T. .?

Would love to see it but that bridge is well an truly burnt to fooook IMO.

Cal on the mighty Repsol would be a dream come true, I so wish SuperSic was still here, I,d remortgage the house to have seem him on the HRC!

8. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Good point Jimbo....forgot about that.
    I suppose Bautista could be in with a shot too?

9. beavis

beavis Active Member

Devastating news from purely a racing point of view. He is the real deal and to see him and Lorenzo dice it out over the next few years would have been superb .As for Rossi , dont see him back on the Honda . Bautista possibly , Cal if he keeps it up over the season maybe although if Spies doesnt get his act together I can see Cal getting his seat . Stoner is a fantastic rider and if he rides like this when he says he doesnt enjoy it imagine what he would be doing if he was having fun !

10. Dicey

Dicey New Member

I like him too!! remember seeing him at donnington 3yrs ago,he just wrung that ducatis neck.He has bikes shaking, sliding but just keeps it maxed pushes bikes more than anyone else, last gp lot of chatter with honda still wins, I think wrist is giving him a lot of bother as well maybe another reason for early retirment.he maybe has;nt best personalty but awsome on a bike and awsome wife!! love to see cal on honda

• Like Like x 2
  11. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

Bautista hasn`t got what it takes. Bradl? Rossi, i`d be very surprised.

12. Pete

Pete New Member

Champion rider who will be sorely missed. Love watching his composed riding style, he always looks like he has more up his sleeve. Good idea to bow out while he's on top though.

13. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Stoner will be missed but one has to wonder what the real reason for his retirement is, when it’s in your blood you can’t just turn it off? I personally fear for the future of MOTO GP all together, the teams are reducing and the racing is less exciting than the WSB series, too much money is required to run the teams and in my opinion the two tear class is a farce?

Good luck to Stoner but I don’t think we have seen the last of him?

14. Moily

Moily Active Member

It's definitely a sad loss to MotoGP, right when it doesn't need it. The loss of SuperSic, Suzuki and others pulling out in recent years, Stoner retiring, the diff in class on the same grid are all leading to duller racing, and what with WSBK showing MGP up recently and Sky Italia getting broadcast rights, I'm not sure the introduction of CRTs alone will help the future of the GP class.

On the positive side, Bradl looks decent, Cal is showing signs of being on the top step and Marquez could give the grid a bit of a boost. Fingers crossed the racing improves soon.

Rumour has it that Stoner will be moving to 4-wheels back in Aus, racing V8's. That would make sense for him, with his personal life and love of racing. Can see VR buggering off soonish too, to further his passion for 4 wheeled action.

15. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

HRC was asked if VR will ride with them again, they have said over the last few years no way, the answer this week was maybe..... VR has said he will win another GP race in the next two years... maybe he will be back on the rcv!?

I am a fan of Stoner but tbh I do think it's a bit naff he's going, so what he has a kid and all that but so do many of the others... first time I though of Stoner as a quiter... I think Rossi has a point to prove to his fans and Ducati... bet you any money ( a fiver... ;) ) he's back on the number one when he leaves MGP.

#35 arthurbikemad, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  16. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

With Stoner possibly quitting, Rossi on the way out, CRT being mentioned as the way forward for Moto GP the factories will go along with all the big money. So how long will Lorenzo and Pedrosa stay? WSB having to be dumbed down to make Moto GP look exciting by using road based tyres on 17'' wheels. Is this all just a crock of shit, or should we just watch Irish road racing instead?

17. damodici

damodici Active Member

Arthur mate, I'll take take that bet :)

But you gotta admit, the entire field is still leagues behind Stoners pace so it'd be a worthless title anyway ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. arthurbikemad

lol ok... If Stoner leaves maybe Ducati should ask him to do a couple of laps, you know, just to make sure alls ok.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Oh....come back rainey, schwantz, lawson,doohan......

hate to say it, but moto gp is crap. Boring. I dont have sky so cant watch WSB, BSB.....but roll on the TT!!!

20. arthurbikemad

I only have sky to watch BSB, WSB, AMA, TT etc etc...lol