Chain Adjuster Options

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by exfire, Feb 7, 2013.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Was just thinking that me sen! ;)

2. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Well after a wait my Gilles were delivered today, hoorah.................actually no. I am a bit fussy about my bike and what I put on it and some people will think I am crazy (most do) but one of the adjusters has what I assume are machining marks.

DSCF3250.jpg

I have contacted supplier and sent a pic and they are going to contact Gilles. I am hoping it gets sorted soon. The other adjuster does not have any marks and that is the sort of finish I would expect at the price and from a manufacturer such as Gilles.

3. Si.

Si. God Like

Gilles tend to have machining marks dude…Both my rear sets did… After all, they aren't polished items, they are machined. I personally think it looks cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My Gilles shift support still has the milling marks on it. It looks like the marks in the triangular bit on yours Nige. I quite like it myself but perhaps not if it was on one but not the other.

5. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Yup all have marks I think it adds to there rawness

6. exfire

exfire Elite Member

If it was consistent it would look OK, but the finish on all the rest is perfectly smooth and unmarked. Lots of things are machined but many do not have marks left on them. The pic does not show one mark which is a sweeping curve, it just looks like it has been damaged, although it hasn't.

Personally, I think it is shoddy finishing and if that is the standard then Gilles can keep their products.. None of my Rizoma stuff which is all anodised has the trace of any finishing marks including my rearsets.

7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

If I wanted rawness I would make em myself lol, I can do rawness.

8. Si.

Si. God Like

Fair enough mate... I wouldn't be happy if the finishes are different on each either... For the record, I wouldn't buy Gilles again, my rearsets flexed like a bastard.

9. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Thanks guys for your replies , I do appreciate it, at least I know it is the norm.

I will know what to expect in the future. My bike is very much an un-raw looking beast, virtually unmarked paintwork and all the extras are unmarked, so it would feel wrong putting something new on that has a mark in just one area. I think for £160 the finish is poor. I know, fussy old git, but if my work was not good I would expect people not to use me.

10. MrB

MrB God Like

Similar marks on mine can't see it when it's fitted unless your on your hands and knees looking for it.

11. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

I don't like my Gilles stuff any more, exfire is right, it's to much money
    for unfinished products........

• Like Like x 1
  12. exfire

exfire Elite Member

That's the problem Mr B , when I am worshipping her on my hands and knees I will see it lol