Cheeky blasts

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Blade1000man, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

The power of advertising! :)

Barry107: Thanks for the link. I'll have a look today.

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

As white as a retired Tory watching newsnight here in glorious Deb'n this morning. A quick look out the window had me zipping the quilted liners into my textiles. An action I regretted within 10 minutes of weaving between crusty puddles of leaves on shaded bends. Another great plug for RST gear ( they really should start offering us deals here). I was sweating like a retired Tory after newsnight had finished by the time I got home. Another day for polarising wrap arounds too. Really took the edge off the low sun reflections.

3. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

My shades have broken so I tried riding without any last week. Bad idea! Squinting for the next bend / car driver looking at you but not seeing you is pretty crap.

Can anyone recommend some that fit inside s helmet and work well?

4. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

My shades have broken so I tried riding without any last week. Bad idea! Squinting for the next bend / car driver looking at you but not seeing you is pretty crap.

Can anyone recommend some that fit inside s helmet and work well?

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I got mine from Fat Skeleton at a show 3 years ago. Wrap, polarising and with foam seals to stop the wind getting around them. Cheap and very effective. Don't think they do that model anymore but looking at a pair of these for night and low light riding.

Yellow Lens Removable EVA Foam Padded Reactalight Glasses

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Shades look good - will get some of those.
    Have you checked out the masks?? I've got to get the full face joker mask. I normally hate it when the petrol stations ask for you to take your helmet off - with that on I'll looking forward to them asking. They'll shit themselves when they see that. I'll give someone nightmares for weeks!
    Gotta get one. Mwahahaha! :)

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I was going to see if fat skeleton are doing any show deals at the NEC. But it's fast looking like I'm not going to make it this year. But for the price they're more than up for the job. I like the idea of the high contrast yellow ones for riding at night, visor up. They do some funky kit. The clothes are a bit young for me but it is amusing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Nice one. Didn't know they were going to the show. Will be good to check out the shades ... and the mask :)

9. eyore

eyore Member

Well the joys of being self employed , I dropped everything this morning and went out for 2 hours,it was dry and quite pleasant although the roads were not dry unfortunately.
    This is a favourite spot of mine ,pretty amazing place to watch the Atlantic from in a winter gale. Its on the Loop Head penninsula just west of Kilkee in Co Clare.The nearest tree is probably 10 miles west from here due to the prevailing winds stopping anything from growing.

dsc01551dv.jpg

dsc01549ci.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Fantastic views!

11. eyore

eyore Member

Yes, every time I go out I think how lucky I am to be riding quiet roads with awsome scenery that most people only see on their holidays:)

12. Fozza

Fozza New Member

I'm stuck in the office staring at the rain out of the window. I am well Jell

13. ddc

ddc Member

I managed to get the bike out today for a wee spin and I mean wee !! , Only got 40 miles or so and had to stop as I was frozen stiff !!
    Went to my mums for a cuppa to warm up then took the bike home again :)
    Gonna have to invest in winter weather gear I think ;)
    Those 40 miles were brilliant fun though lol

14. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Only chance of getting a cheeky blast around here at the minute would be with a jet ski. :mad:
    We've had torrential rain for hours now. Wonder if Go Outdoors are still doing cheap canoes.

15. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Only chance of getting a cheeky blast around here at the minute would be with a jet ski. :mad:
    We've had torrential rain for hours now. Wonder if Go Outdoors are still doing cheap canoes.

16. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Did you get those shades in the end? If so, any good?
    I went to see them at the show but was really disappointed -they hardly had anything there.

17. steve b

steve b Active Member

Managed a quick trip down to landsend this avvo bit dodgy with the odd greasy patch but still just about warm enough down here to out,same prob as you tho
    bike was gaggled,got home washed it then it rained so good timing or what.
    the joys of winter riding

18. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Two days before Christmas Day and the weather was so nice I just had to go out for another cheeky blast.
    If this is global warming then I'm ready for it - bring it on!

Hope some of you folks managed to get out too.

Happy days! :)

19. Givover

Givover God Like

I did and really enjoyed it .

20. barry107

barry107 Active Member

Had a blast from the coast up to Kings Rd, in London to get the missus her final prizzie, then round to clan (brothers & sister) to drop of card's & money for the brats ;)

Only got a bit of rain on the final run back to home :D

Why do car drivers all ways try to race you or is it just me????? I must admit, I didn't refuse :cool: