Commuting on the blade.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by karlpe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. okeloon

okeloon Active Member

Yep every day. Only a few minutes though. Glen Vine to Douglas. Rained everyday here since November and have never been tempted to take the car. Too much fun on the blade, just love the noise and feel of it. Perfect way t start and finish the day. Spring warmer weather and dry roads on its way so it'll be a commute via TT circuit via Ballacraine and Ramsey instead of the direct route down Ballahutchin! ✊

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

I used to commute every weekend 378 miles home and back again on my blade now I commute with the zx10 every day about 34 miles a day

I did 22k on a 600rr back in the day still got 5k for it, you wont get board of it either nothing beats that feeling of hardcore ness when its raining or the joy of not sitting behind that bastard truck on the A road

Heated gloves and vest absolute dream and in the summer its full one piece on get it done fuck the mileage just put race fairings on it when you sell it and remove the clocks .......you track biked it after 2000 miles didn't you :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

[QUOTE="Carlo, nothing beats that feeling of hardcore ness when its raining or the joy of not sitting behind that bastard truck on the A road
    :cool:[/QUOTE]

Perfectly put :D

4. karlpe

karlpe Active Member

Some interesting replies and it is cool so many commute.

5. armstrongracer

armstrongracer New Member

I'm actually contemplating buying a Fireblade as a daily commuter bike if I get the job I've just interviewed for. Total distance = 60 miles each way, split like this; 5 miles through a city (Dublin), 40 miles motorway, 15 miles fast A road. The first 5 and last 15 make it a killer in the car. City driving speaks for itself, A road is rural so you get stuck behind slow moving stuff. Requirements are; 50 mpg @ 80mph cruising in top, ABS, reliable, comfortable. Its replacing my KTM 950SM so I want something I can thrash on a Sunday and possibly holiday on. Don't need track day ability, have a 2T 250 tucked away for that.
    Other option I am considering is a BMW K1300s. Although I am good with a set of spanners the cost of parts and reputed (expensive) issues with ABS servos are putting me off the BMW option. The s1000rr is a bit too focused and uncomfortable. Dublin streets in the wet are slippery as f*ck which makes me slightly envious of the TC on the BMW. Any thoughts either way would be appreciated.

6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

My mate has had a number of the k1300s & swears by them. He's commuted & travelled extensively on them, and they can certainly pick their skirts up :D
    Not sure about those issues you mentioned, ill ask him & get some feedback for you

7. armstrongracer

armstrongracer New Member

Cheers Lozzy, I borrowed a demo bike a few years back and it's a big old bus, a fast one though.

8. Carlo

Carlo Active Member

i know it will do 10 miles on 1L at 100mph :D

9. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Reliable and ABS means don't buy a blade I'm afraid... Go for the S1000RR... They might corrode the hell out of the sump but t least BMW replace the damn thing for you for free. Honda just claim it's your fault for not using the brakes properly.