Do Traffic cops have nothing better to do?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Jul 4, 2014.

1. MadG

MadG New Member

That would of been fun to have a day in court. Offence doing 70 in a 70. Costs please! ;)[/QUOTE]

Not entitled to claim costs anymore to my knowledge :-(, to discourage individuals from defending.

2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

The first one pulled you and the second was probably his superior or experienced officer.What I hate is when the young ones are trying to exert their authority when they know naff all.If I did something wrong then I put my hands up,but when they are talking b*llocks that's when it gets my goat up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

Ash,Lucky day^^^ lucky man,he should've bought a lottery ticket on his way home.

#43 And7rp2, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

Nonsensical?? I'm assuming your banging on about plate sizes again in which case they need to be uniform to be recognised by ANPR camera's etc. tell you what though, if your bike gets stolen and one of the fixed camera's cannot read it and so give an indication of what direction it went in or out of a district you can morn it's loss safe in the knowledge that you made the very small chance of its recovery even smaller ;)

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Am sure most bikes that get stolen by being lifted into back of van, number plate size won't help there :( unless you mean the fake plate on the van lol

6. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i think the earlier post where somebody told the police where his stolen property was and they couldn't be arsed turning up to catch anybody should put your comment of the police actually doing something to recover a stolen vehicle into context.

7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

ANPR needing a standard size/font may have been valid a few years ago but technology has moved on a lot since then, just look at the newest version of SPECs. Small plates/Failing to Display a Tax disc are basically an excuse to stop someone or a "I stopped you some I'm going to do you for something" offence.

Personally I haven't been done for either, and yes I do have a standard size plate etc.

8. Si.

Si. God Like

Your not wrong there, I was stopped about a month ago for speeding ( I have a legal plate )
    I was doing 70mph on a dual carriageway with central reservation and barrier ( A556 Chester to northwich ) signs where national limit not speed specific.
    He stopped me asked me to sit in his car and proceeded to show me a video of my riding. The comp had averaged me at 70mph, at which point I laughed and asked him to let me out of his vehicle, the young policeman got very irate when I had told him that is the speed limit on that section of the road.
    I had to wait 15mins until another policeman turned up, after a discussion between them I was asked to get out of the car and be on my way !!!
    I asked for an apology and the other policeman asked me to leave it or I'm likely to get stopped very regularly !!

I had taken both officers numbers and have complained about the both of them on a free phone number and as yet over three weeks I've heard nothing and have resigned myself that the police have 'nothing better to do' never mind training their officers or checking their complaints phone line !![/QUOTE]

You couldn't make it up! hahahaha. Pity you didn't have a cam going or a recording on your phone, that would be epic!

9. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

The biggest single reason that traffic policing is how it is today is..Money...!!
    All the little laws that get passed under the radar and are used as an excuse to stop folk are all to do with raising revenue for local government.
    A stealth tax..
    In an earlier post, someone said about us riding our £7k bikes wearing our £1k leathers and getting stopped for a small number plate.
    Therein is the answer, they know that we, in all out finery, can afford to pay these little fines here and there.
    It's why their priority on stopping the little scumbags on that scrap crosser that keeps ragging up and down the street are wayyy down the list when you call to complain.
    They know that if they do catch them the scummers will have an hour in court (again), get another fine that they pay at a £1 a month forever as they on the dole.

The costs far outweigh the results, when they can have rich and easy pickings of generally Mr. law abiding Joe on his new £12k bike or £20k car on some minor technicality that'll raise a quick £100.
    Quick because the ticket is a simple matter and the person receiving it, for the most part, won't bother arguing the toss and pay up within 14-28 days.

Policing these days is no longer the peace officer role upholding laws for the good of the general public, the job these days is one of tax/revenue collectors for the industry that is local and central government.

• Like Like x 4
  10. 58clowns

58clowns Active Member

^^^amen^^^

11. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Sad but I feel you are correct, for all proper crimes they seem to be there just to give out crime numbers for your insurance claim :(

• Like Like x 2
  12. The.kickboxer

The.kickboxer Active Member

Genitalia. That is all

13. maxxuk

maxxuk New Member

Weirdly, some of these sprung to mind: :)

de2505ab300ecf24c42ea2b75aa6895a.jpg

fine.jpg

Turn-Right-low-res.jpg

pointlessSign_430x271.jpg

126054641__04_404721b.jpg

• Like Like x 2