Ducati's Hayden breaks left shoulder blade in flat-track crash

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Remal, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Steady stream of points consistently amassed?? This is exactly what marco didn't do! Look how popular he was, bet he had sponsors climbing all over him - and what a breath of fresh air he brought to the series!

I say fill the grid up with crazy young hot blooded talent and watch the spectacle unfold!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

^^^ hang on a minute. Isn't that moto2, the much better racing alternative to motogp? Ha ha

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You're right again Jimbo, but Simoncelli was always slated for greatness. Grassini was always going to be a foster home for him rather than a family. HRC themselves had him in their wind tunnel to re design the bikes aerodynamics specifically for him. They knew he was going to throw the bike away a lot, but technically it wasn't their bike.

4. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I agree with you Jimbo and kpone (glad to see you couldn't reist the dictaphone joke kpone).It probably doesn't take much skill to trash a Moto GP bike on track, I bet I could do it easily and very quickly :) but I would not want to pay someone to do it for me or for new bikes.

Sad but true, sport is ruled by money. I initially hated the idea of Moto 2 when it was first mentioned, but I actually enjoyed it overall more than the 800 cc's this year.

A few years back I focussed mainly on Moto GP races, I still watch every one, but have got to say WSB and BSB and TT are often more exciting to me. Would love to see some of the top Moto GP riders doing the TT or TT styles races.