eu regulations

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Jonny fireblade, Aug 25, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

BBC 5 day forecast map has Sunday as rain all over God's waiting room SOUTH WEST.

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Typical

3. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

Thats sods law!

Gods waiting room!! lol

4. vino

vino New Member

Rain or shine, hell or high water, I'll be out doing my bit!

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

My Hero!

6. Carlosoul

Carlosoul Active Member

My MAG M25 protest video...

with relevant music of course :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

8. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

I have just been on northumbria police web, to see what they had the use of the helicopter down for on sunday, to my 'surprise' according to them it wasn't used on 25/09/11 wtf lying @***

9. dan.1moore1

With the lack of News coverage i think the powers that be are trying not to publicise the protests , Maybe they are scared it will attract more numbers for a second protest ride

10. dan.1moore1

out of the 10 odd boys i ride with only 3 of us went and lots of bikers i spoke to in the days leading up to sunday had not heard nothing about it. If you had not read MCN and not a member of a bike forum then you would not be in the know. If a good story was on the national news then the numbers for a second demo would be huge .

they even posted the petition on a car forum i am on to get members to sign as if bikes are getting anti tampering laws then cars will be soon to follow so hopfully the petition gets a huge response

11. Givover

Givover God Like

I have to say i did forget about it hence my joy ride on Sunday (Soz) i have just spoken to a contractor on my site who said the M62 say from leeds towards Manchester was hammered with 1000s of bikes and all the services had been plundered for food and there was non left He He!

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Two older guys, tourists, not bikers, at the services stopped me, completely separately and asked what was going on. After I explained, they were hugely enthusiastic for the protest, but that was almost certainly a generational thing. It was good to be part of of the event. I'm not certain whether it was a 'stand up and be counted' moment as I suspect the only person counting was the local MAG propagandist who was either counting us all out or blessing us, i dont know which. I think it was more effective as a 'hey look over here. We're going to make some noise because Europe is messing with us again', moment. Joe Bloggs isn't going to give a toss whether bikers are upset and they're not likely to write to their MP about getting home 20 minutes late on Sunday. But get over to him that British independence is being encroached upon by foreign government decisions and it might be a different matter. That's what I think we should have been telling people in the motorway service carparks

What are the specifics of the supposed law changes that affect us. I know it looks like Ireland is adopting high viz clothing as mandatory and I think, but am not certain that it is already or about to be made law in France, but has it been mentioned at all with reference to the UK. The same is true of the ban on older bikes in urban areas. France is definitely going down that route but again, has it actually been stated the it is even under consideration for us. I may well be wrong but it looks like many of the propositions we're concerned about may not even concern us, unless we're protesting in solidarity with our European brothers, which is cool by me for an excuse for a bit of relatively harmless bit of mischief, but would I have missed my Sunday Roast if it was freezing cold and raining because some pimple in Lille has to wear a bright green tabbard when he goes out and still can't take his stinking Vespa downtown on a Saturday night. Would I f...........

13. dan.1moore1

Yes if it was raining i was goon have my arse parked on the couch watching BSB .. Good job the sun came out as i actually went for a decent ride over the Breccon Beakons .

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

A lovely day out on your Rhonnda 1000, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  15. dan.1moore1

LoL Good one Ken

16. Givover

Givover God Like

Ken .i have a photo of you at the Bike Rally .[​IMG][/IMG]

17. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, that's me with my gimp, Nigel.

18. Givover