Feckin roundabouts

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tandbiskits, Feb 15, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

This is Gary's thread on fuel spill reporting with a link to the Devon County Council reporting page.

http://1000rr.co.uk/general-1000rr-discussion/2044.htm

Check with Somerset if they've got something similar. Road crud shouldn't transfer like you describe. It must be some kind of spillage.

2. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Hope your ok now mate, I hate roundabouts at this time of year, fooking death traps

3. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Bad luck on yur accident there t&b .. hope you mend nice n quick

But here's a thought .... maybe not the tarmac but if it's been below 0 degrees around your way could it have been that
    new (cheeper) gritting they use when they expect overnight freezing . It's rock salt and molasses or something .
    Supposed to stick to the road for longer but it's got less grip ...... but hey it's cheeper so that's OK then :(

4. Givover

Givover God Like

Yup we had a massive debate on here about Road dressing The strange thing we all moan about it (me more than others) but once it settles down its nice and grippy .

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's what it does to your plastics that pisses me off with road dressing. We get it a lot on the back lanes around here where frozen run off and agricultural vehicles can destroy the surface in a single season. Many's the time I've picked a favourite 'rat run' just to come up against a river of grit. Usually I'll just turn around and go home.

6. Givover

Givover God Like

Agreed and its always your favorite back road or the one you need to pass to get to it. Had some prettty close shaves .