Feel good factors of the day....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blackness, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

bloody MOT tester away on a breakdown.. back at 11 aggrhhh!

last year he told me to keep my tiny plate on if i like, so hope he is not in a bad mood this morning haha.. managed a couple of wheel spins on those cold tyres and a little right hand :eek: - feels so good to be back out on the bike, although i was like Lammy going round corners lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

This is the one you want, only issue compared to the Shoei is its pointy at the front making camera mounting tricky.. Think this will work well. You can just see the tip of the camera when its on, even though it looks like it would be completely in the way. Also the pinlock is massive on these covering the whole visor more or less, very good!

What I want now is a sticker to go over the X-lite in the same style that says C-hops :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

very nice! i just don't tire of looking at carbon :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Haha, best saving the edges of your tyres for the track anyhow :D

5. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

I like your golden knob sir :D

What mic have you gone for/recommend ?

6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well Ive gone back to my cheap great sounding £3.50 ebay mic! This one

3.5mm Stereo Flexible Mic Audio External Microphone for Gopro Hero 1 2 3 3+ HD | eBay

The reason I changed it and tried an expensive mic was because when the bike wasnt running it picked up a tick tick noise from the camera internal workings, like a pulsing sound. When the bikes running it couldn't be heard. Now the new £3.50 one ive just bought doesnt even make that ticking noise so im made up. Fitted it to the helmet yesterday and off the bike sounds great, just need to check wind noise now. It takes a bit of time with placement to get it right, with the chin guard on the X-lite think wind noise will be reduced..

You will also need the Gopro usb to 3.5mm mic adaptor here:

Genuine GoPro 3.5mm Microphone Mic Adapter AMCCC-301 Hero3 Hero 3 Hero3+ Hero 3+ | eBay

There are aftermarket versions of these but after trying 3 and none working I bought the genuine Gopro version. Recommend doing the same :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

well the carbon prince passed the MOT.. but unfortunately my brand new Honda fork seal on the right hand fork has not fixed the leak.. :(

Took her for a 30 mile blat.. god these things are fast after not riding them for ages! back to the house and small evidence of oil around the fork again..:mad: Not sure putting another set of seals in will make any difference, I thought I was very careful putting these new ones in (left hand fork is fine).. was the left one leaking in the first place that made me order new ones..

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

looks great Gilesy!! I also have a fork seal on the weep.. Not sure what you can do if its gone again. Fork stanchions ok no marks / pitting which could have caused it?
    All you can do is change it again I guess..

9. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

its a pain in the a**e! The forks look like new, never been bashed or bumped.. :mad: Certainly no pits etc..

10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Yeah really annoying I agree. Did you get genuine seals?

11. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

yes bought from Honda.. even bought a bloody 43mm Fork Seal tool at £50!!

12. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

btw.. thats the first time the bike has been out with the HM Dash, HM Plus QS, New exhaust and the new rear brake.. Dash is amazing! will need to get used to it as I struggled to watch the revs etc, exhaust is simply incredible, what a sound and really does seem to be bloody quick, rear brake I kept locking up the rear at about 40-50mph slowing down for corners etc haha.. some power compared to the Honda one. Quite a few other mods but its just simply ace to be back on the bike! Roll on Summer!