First rideout this weekend

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ColinBR, Mar 9, 2012.

1. douthers

douthers Active Member

Racked up almost 200 miles today! Did the planned route to Hawes via Devil's Bridge and Sedbergh initially. It was dull and the roads were a bit damp in places although the bits not shaded by trees were pretty good. Hawes was a total contrast with the sun cracking the flags and loads of bikes lining the town centre. Chippy lunch to keep body and soul together before the unplanned bit... From Hawes to Harrogate and then back towards Skipton and routing back through Settle and Caton, with a quick late afternoon brew stop at Bull Beck. Back home via the Over Wyre villages. Top day and got to say I'm very impressed with the bike. Was taking it very easy with only 70 miles on the clock when I set off but it felt worlds apart from my 600RR. Power everywhere! Pic is from the lunchbreak at Hawes!

[​IMG]

#61 douthers, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Bikes looking stunning in the sun mate. That sounds like a fantastic run you had today. I stopped off at that cafe' on the way home from the dales last year.

3. douthers

douthers Active Member

Cheers Colin :) Yeah, it was a cracking trip. Shame there was so much 4 wheeled traffic around! Hazard of any sunny Sunday I guess. Penny Garth cafe is top! Good food and brews at reasonable prices. Very biker friendly too. Can't ask for more than that. :D Penny Garth Caf in Hawes

4. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

The thing I remember the most is riding over the cobble stone road to get to it. I thought I had gone up a farmers road to a market.

5. douthers

douthers Active Member

That's a feature of a few towns in the general area. Can understand the confusion though ;-)