Flood Appeal

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradt, Feb 19, 2014.

1. paul-b

paul-b Member

Trouble is it's the 3rd world governments that are all corrupt, the common people don't know any different.... they are not in a position to help themselves! More should be done worldwide to help & educate these governments to put their own people first, trouble is the nature of the beast is greed and your on a bit of a hiding to nothing.

It does make my blood boil when they announce on the news 'The UK is giving kazillions to India in aid' The very bloody country that is more corrupt than most, trafficking girls is a national pastime and they have their own space program ffs.... Also the UK is not sending it, you are & I am, it's our tax money, I would like a say in where 'our' money goes & yes we should damn well look after our own first !!

And if anyone else rattles a collection tin outside Sainsburys I shall insert it up their 'Gary' !!!

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Big problems with corruption in the 3rd world. Look at Africa. taken advantage of many moons ago. now many areas after billions in aid have been sent, still people cannot pay for food or clean water. I always thought the aid would help many to become self sustainable. but seems after the past 30 years of trying some are getting rich and still loads of others are poor

WHY?

no idea and glad i'm no politician.

I give to a few charity's who have done things for my family over the years. I am grateful and wish to support these charity's.

As for collection Tin's I've never given any money to them.

I lie I have :
    afghan heroes at hullavington when they had the hung appeal.
    And a few army collections at events I also feel strongly even being just a civvie

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Maybe I am an old cynic but I never expected anyone, especially charities or europe, to help us. We deal with shit like this and just get on with it. We don't need any so called celebrities raising funds with naff appeals.

In the same way that the SPAMS keep bleating on about 11th September but we barely mention 7/7; harrods; brighton; Birmingham; manchester; enniskillen; crossmaglen..........

End of the day it is simply a case that we aren't brought up to expect charity but at the same time we are brought up to help others. We will get through it, we will take the piss out of one another, and we will moan, but most of all we will just fix it and move on. In some ways Britain is still great.