forum meet for us up north

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by fez.57, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

I assumed, by watching the.forecast all week, that tomorrow is going to be like today, yesterday, day before, and before.......intermittent sunny,cloudy,light showers, warm. Hasnt really been bad enough to say fook it. But thats just Huddersfield. Dunno what the rest of you guys think? For me, at the moment, i'm up for it. Can soon shoot down to matalan and get a cheap waterproof jacket. Cant find anything else that is thin enough.....hate roasting my nuts off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Si.

Si. God Like

BBC Weather : Hawes

UK forecast - Met Office

Saying that, it was forecast rain every day here on the wirral, it's been sunny with intermittant showers. I'll see what it's like in the morning.And....how the fook can it be 10 degrees in July???? :mad:

#302 Si., Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Not exactly sure where you boys are heading so could be wrong... But as per Si link I find the met office most accurate, and think you might just get away with it...

7am ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341044591.556543.jpg

10am ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341044610.973972.jpg

12pm ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341044635.357067.jpg

3pm ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341044655.399920.jpg

7pm ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341044670.789349.jpg

Keep an eye on the link, they update it every few hours, you'll notice about a couple hours after they update, so do the BBC and your I phones lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bobmg

Bobmg Active Member

Same for me won't be setting off if raining , weather forcasts change though some times lol

5. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I'm in unless it looks like it's going to absolutely tank it down at some point. Might have to see if I can get a lightweight showerproof jacket today from Hein Gericke or something. I figure that if it's that bad we can always decide to run for home :)

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Keep the faith fellas!! Yesterday here was meant to be shocking, was lovely from 12am and managed to get a couple hours on the bike...

7. BLAGGERS

Just picked up a nice light weight regatta coat from matalan. £25. Waterproof, velcro, zipped pockets for wallet, phone, baccy. Tht'll do me since its warm enough with only light showers.

8. Gblade

Gblade Active Member

So do I bring full Oxford all in one wets and look like a Gump or light jacket?

What's everyone else wearing? Lol!

Is this conversation wrong or sensible!

9. BLAGGERS

Sound like a bunch o women discussing heels or flats....ffs. Lol. I'm not wearing waterproofs because I get too fecking hot, they are clumsy, take ages to gain access for a piss or a ciggy and they look a cnut. I'm happy with my cheap matalan jacket since I cant find a paddock type jacket without armour. If my leathers had a zipped pocket and the bike had some storage i'd just be in leathers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Si.

Si. God Like

I dont own waterproofs.... so just my one piece.

11. lee711

lee711 Active Member

Si i've just nipped down to millets in the precinct and picked up a waterproof shell jacket that folds into its own pocket for £20 just in case we catch a shower. Peter Storm Men

12. Si.

Si. God Like

Cheers Lee, but i'm in work today mate....

13. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I admire peoples commitment in going out to buy waterproofs. I think they will be needed. i dont mind ridding through the odd shower so i will still be going no mattet what. but it does look bad for the west coast tomorrow morning. if most people are happy to set of when its raining knowing it will dry up then im sure we will still have a cracking day even if it does mean getting wet now and then. but if you dont want to come then i totally understand. fingers crossed people that we can still have a great time

14. Givover

Givover God Like

Just bought a tweed jacket with the elbow pads i think that may doo! My feeling is that there will be roving showers but in general we should be ok! This is what i talked about in a previous thread you need to be positive and go for it as there will be dudes heading out early and not picking up notes on the computer .Just done the pre-flight checks Oil/water/ fairing bolts/ underside ect.Tyre gauge 'battery' is goosed but happy with them .Might take my big bright yellow one peice waterproof suit(Did i really buy that)? in a rucksack only issue i have is the backpack seems to slightly push my head forward so we will see. By 11 tonight we should know who is still 'in' which has to be done out of fairness to others.

15. Givover

Givover God Like

;)Fez .Do we need to have the suspension set up ?ie is it mainly cobbled roads we are riding?

• Like Like x 1
  16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just hope you won't need to rely on your black belt in Ecky Thump, in case the natives think you're all Roundheads coming to depose the king.

17. BLAGGERS

Roads?? Whats that then? Thought it was a greek island. If ya wanna know what its like up here just watch zee on the gixer.

18. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I agree giv we need to know who will be turning up no matter what is its not fair on the people who leave early. only thing i can say is be possitive and if a large number of us still turn up then we will be sure to have a laugh.

19. BLAGGERS

I'll be in bed and pissed by 11 tonight. So here is my statement now, while i'm sober.
    I WILL BE AT MACDONALDS NEAR THE SHOWCASE AT THE ARRANGED TIME.

20. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

The missus has been here all day so I'm just off out to the garage now to check the chain tension, give it a lube, check the oil and the tyre pressures and then cobble my gear together :D