Found this in garage today

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Barney1, Mar 30, 2013.

1. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

That is a gucci bird. Outstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Looks like a wolf spider.Yuk

3. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Just to let you know , lady rang this morning owl much better just needed a mouse or two .
    All is good.

4. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Did someone say four candles , or was it fork handles lol .

5. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Cracking picture of spider r1monkey ,

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Never seen or heard of a spider that size over here!

Are you sure that, that spider is from this country. I searched wolf spider and the 1's from this country only grow to around an inch in diameter.

I'm not scared of them but that 1 I'd try and avoid.

7. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

We had a massive spider a few months ago. Him and the dog seemed to get on like a house on fire. Sebastian the spider. We miss him. The dog was obsessed! Dog used to wag his tail staring at him. Bizarre.

8. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Guy up the road from us went to get some logs in ,
    He felt a pain in his right hand thought it was a sting ,
    It was a spider and it really Did bite him ,
    During the day his hand started to hurt went to hospital
    And his hand was now twice the size , all his skin started to peel off ,
    Now 4 months on and 3 operations , he still has not much use in his hand ,
    Still very blue and skin still flaking off .

9. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

british wolf spiders can bite... very rare to bite though and even big females only make 2.7cm

i once caught a tawny owl in the net of a partridge pen, took me half a hour to get in out..... and two stitches to my hand and a few marks in my forearm, .... but one owl freed although the head gamekeeper wasn't happy... like and let live..... put please go eat mice lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

What a brilliant privelege to get to handle, and best of all help out a creature like that. Kudos, Steve. They're incredible things to be around.

I can live with spiders of any shape and size. Snakes, insects anything of that ilk, but I don't like touching slimy creatures. Worms, slugs, fish. It gives me the shudders.

Funny thing, I used to work in a dry cleaners and we used filter powder from California in big 50 kilo bags. This stuff was a superb heat insulator and so old Mr arachnid used to get in the bags before they shipped over and occasionally would survive the crossing. Feck me sideways, there were some pucker moments when some of these buggers would jump, yes jump out of the bags when they were opened. Somedays we would come in of a morning and they'd have left footprints in the dust around the bags as they'd buggered off in the night.

No, I can take spiders but I absolutely, positively hate walking into a cobweb. That is guaranteed to turn me into a windmilling, flailing girly instantaneously.

• Like Like x 2
  11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I was trying on motorcycle jackets once, I took one off and caught something in the corner of my eye on my shoulder I kept looking and there was nothing there i thought it was just a thread but then I turned again and it was the biggest hariest spider I have ever seen!
    After a spectacular ballet dance round the shop with some very manly screaming I told the shop keeper if I ever saw the CCTV footage on you tube I would be back to remove his nuts.
    Didn't sleep to well that night

• Like Like x 1