Get me new tyres fitted today!!!!!

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by PeterT, Dec 22, 2011.

1. PeterT

PeterT Active Member

I am still happy with my Pilot 3's, they are really grippy in the damp and cold conditions and even on Sunday when it was really mild they gripped like sh*t to a blanket meaning my friend on his duc could not keep up because his supercorsas had no heat in them.

2. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

I have had a look at the BT023's and they get a good write up!! Also Ron Haslam is running them on his Blades at his race school so they must be ok for the Blades!

3. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Has anyone got these? If so what are they like? (yes I know round and black)

4. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I've got the pilot 3's on the 929, think their awesome tyres- Changed from 021's, which i though were shocking!

5. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Aye I did look at the PR3's but would like to try and stick with the Bridgestones. Just want to know if anyone is running them

6. Carlosoul

Carlosoul Active Member

I am thinking of getting the BT023's also, they were recommended by Dobles for me. Just under £300 for the pair fitted, balanced with new valves.... Anyone know of any cheaper?

7. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

i have just had pirelli rosso 2 fitted on my blade got em at a good price havent pushed them hard yet, i had bt023s on my gsxr 750 LO for last years trip to italy and got to say they where awesome we done hundreds of miles of twistys in very hot and very wet weather didnt have one moment in 3000 miles and the rear was about half worn and the front looked like new.

8. Pinkster1000RR

Pinkster1000RR Active Member

Check this out !!!!!!! over 6000 miles from a rear!!!! Bridgestone BT023s tested - Product News - Visordown

Jay

9. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Well I've had the BT 0-23's fitted and they are a great tyre. They give you loads of confidance from the off. The bike feels so much better on the road, So glad I got rid off the BT 0-15's. I've only done about 350 miles and so far am well chuffed.

10. Carlosoul

Carlosoul Active Member

Well thats it, the B023's it is, will get them on as soon as I have done a few burn outs in the garage :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

mate like I've said before if they are good enough for Ron Haslan race school they will be MORE than good enough for me. The Bike just feels a whole lot better.

12. Givover

Givover God Like

Glad you are happy with them Alfie but are they as good as the Dunlop road smarts ? Answers on a postcard dudes.

13. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

For me yes mate they are as good as the Roadsmart!!

14. MrB

MrB God Like

Not read the entire thread (lazy bugger)

I did a track day on roadsmarts they were mullered by the end but did a great job.

15. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Had a good run out on the bike yestarday and yip the tyres were second to none. Good country roads so getting over fine and no problems at all.