Going blind!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Stick with it, sure you will be fine with contacts

2. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

I wear daily disposable contacts when out on the bike. By far the most comfortable and hygienic contacts I've ever worn (been wearing contacts for about 20 years). Also a lot easier to live with with no cleaning and sterilising to do. Mine cost £18 for 30 pairs from Asda over the counter. Focus Dailys I think they are. I recommend them.

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I went to see my surgeon yesterday and have better than expected distance vision which I'm glad for after the issues I've had. So no need for glasses but may need laser at some point to remove a thin layer over the new lenses . Looking forward to seeing will and not using glasses any more

• Like Like x 2
  4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a decent price. I'm only short sighted in my right eye so only buy singles. Acuvues. Costs me £50 for 90 from my optician.

My wife was on the specsavers lens plan. A monthly standing order and they sent the lenses each quarter whether you needed them or not. She kept complaining about them tearing while putting them in or taking them out, which I put down to her being the most clumsy person I've ever met. When my prescription changed recently, it coincided with hers so I saw a way of using up her surplus and saving a few bob. Nightmare. Sure enough, the Specsavers ones had nowhere near the integrity of the Acuvue ones and tore, folded and lifted with alarming regularity.