Happy Birthday me

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Muffking, Nov 3, 2013.

1. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

Jeepers not the best birthday then, least you are in 1 piece to eat your cake! Hope bike not too badly damaged !

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Holly shit hope your ok mate!

That's a different kind of birthday bumps

3. phantom

phantom Active Member

happy birthday

4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Happy birthday matey. Sorry to hear about the bike.

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

sorry to hear that Gary, damn cold weather can be a pain :( what tyres you running on the blade?
    Got the roads here covered in Salt now too, first proper gritting of the Autumn, and its only November, going to be a long winter :(

6. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday fella

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Dunlop 212 GP Pro, it felt pretty rock hard, so i'm wondering if it's the wrong tyre to get some heat into at this time of year, or if I should forget using it as a road tyre altogether as the Racetec front was still soft.
    I'll post a biker down thread later to get some views on the tyre and how I took such a battering in some weird places.

8. just_me _and _me _bike

I maybe wrong, but, You can always drop the pressure down couple psi in the cold, helps the tyre warm up bit quicker??

Am going out in abit meself and prob just do that as even though its sunny n dry, n no salt on roads yet, its a tad chilly

9. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah that's your problem Gary, the 212 are more of the track day tyre and do take a bit of heating up at this time of year, best saved for your track bike mate, or stick the warmers on before you venture out ;)
    I would have thought you would be better off on a sports touring tyre this time of the year?
    But that's only from what I have read, if anyone has these tyres maybe can they can tell us
    The pilot road 3 sound like a good tyre for now

10. Muffking

Muffking God Like

You may be right, although the Dunlop is a 190 so won't fit the 600, but unless it makes a good summer tyre then I have a matching front in storage to make a set .

Just posted the pics at http://1000rr.co.uk/lounge/14194.htm. Would ideally like to know if the Dunlops will make a good summer road tyre, or if they are more dangerous for me on the road than they're worth and should be selling them?