Happy days

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ufoxed, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Welcome.

You swapped your wife for a Blade, best I tell my missus to behave or I will take her to the same Dealer :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. shawn57

shawn57 Active Member

Welcome to the forum mate.

3. steve b

steve b Active Member

hi alan welcome to the forum,now youve got a new mistress

4. AABIKER

AABIKER Member

Good on ya.

I would be keen to hear about your experience with the blade. I have just put on a a new thread 'I am think I may get a fireblade'. After 20 years absence from biking I bought a Triumph Street TripleR earlier this year to ease myself back into biking. But I have the urge to get a sports bike. Keen to know how you have got on with the blade & how user friendly it is.

5. ufoxed

ufoxed Active Member

Hi AABIKER
    well I also like your triumph triple and was tempted into buying one coz of the riding position as I am over 50 and I have not had a bike for twenty years but I promised myself a sports bike and all the reviews i read agreed with my gut instinct that the blade was the one for me-And I was not disappointed coz it is just every thing I could wish for I absolutely love it mate!!!! It has fantastic punch when you want it and it is also easy to ride at slow speeds it is so smooth -I struggled for a time as to which bike to buy but I bought a ABS 2011 model on a 12 plate with 3 miles on the clock and I have to say it was most definetly the right bike for me-happy days!!!!

6. AABIKER

AABIKER Member

Excellent mate. Your story is very similar to mine. After over 20 years without a bike I decided to get back into it again. I'am also over 50. I'am sure I will get a blade soon. I'am going to go on the Ron Haslam honda course first - although it will be on 600RR; but will give me an idea of a few hours on a sports bike. I'a, pretty sure I'll be getting one. Just hope I don't lose too much money on the Street TripleR as it's new with less than 200 miles on it. I see your in Cambs; not too far from me as I live in North Beds.

7. bloke257

bloke257 New Member

Hows the new bike Alan, I assume its all run in now..!!!

8. ufoxed

ufoxed Active Member

Hi Bloke -Well she is run in -I just need to book her into a local dealer for a service as I got mine from a dealer in London and I am not going to take her that far for a service so I hope that won't be a problem...
    Just to clarify my bike is a 2011 model on a 2012 plate it had three miles on the clock when I bought it and also a year left on the Honda warranty so should be ok...Do have to say that I have never had so much fun and every time I get off her I have such a smile on my face!!!! I am so glad I bought this bike...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Oy you talking about me again Martin.....

Welcome aboard Alan. I am not a million miles from Huntingdon if you fancy meeting for a coffee one sunny Sunday rideout to discuss blades and divorcees.

Fordy is also in Godmanchester (although he has defected to BMW).

10. bubba

bubba Member

welcome along alan good hear enjoying the new blade :cool:

11. jimglasgow

jimglasgow Member

Hey bud just saw your post, although it seems its been difficult hopefully the bike can bring you some happiness and enjoyment

12. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum mate.

13. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Sorry I missed this, U. Sorry to hear about messy divorce.

There are some gleaming people on this forum. Welcome aboard, shipmate.

14. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Welcome mate! Make sure you check out the B645 from St Neots for a nice local bike route if you haven't already and as I've realised, owning a bike if far far cheaper than having a woman ;)

15. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Hi Ufox and welcome aboard, your only about 38 miles from me.Hope things get better now after the divorce, they can be dodgy but life goes on afterwards and in my experience it usually gets better. Enjoy the Blade, I am 57 and it is an ideal bike as you can ride it sensibly or like a loony :D