Having terrible thoughts...

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I'm good mate, but it’s so nice I just can’t bring myself to take a hacksaw to the barrel. But if she doesn’t stop causing trouble over our oldest lads 21st I just might.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe

Joe Member

I hardly ever ride my Ducati now. In the last 2 years its done 1,200 miles.

Compared to my Trackbike Fireblade. Do around 10 trackdays a year plus have a daytime MOT so tend to ride it most days as I aren't bothered about marking it massively.

3. yorkshiregooner

yorkshiregooner Active Member

Did our first track day five or six years ago at the RH race school
    Bought cbr600fx trackbike, and did a few trackdays got hooked, bought a RR4 then progressed upto buying a brand new 2012 RR-C.
    I was riding round Cadwell on a 15k track bike thinking l must be nuts!!
    Haven't done any road riding for a couple of years although l still have a SP2 just in case.
    Last year we also started enduro racing, now we are hooked on that.
    Racing is different again (can't afford and l'm not good enough for short circuit racing), but love the 'race' aspect.

Just wish l was 30 years younger : (

• Like Like x 1
  4. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Yup I'm with you mate as you know mine is up to about 16k can't be arsed with road only Europe and the Isle of Man even brought another bike so I don't have to change to wets ha ha . Last hour just booked my acu gonna do a little racing aint gonna worry any racers but I'm 34 so a couple years racing be sweet ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371309857.430023.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slim Ted

Slim Ted Active Member

Anytime I consider selling the Blade or any bike for that matter.. I just jump into my other transporter and drive into London on a Monday morning.
    After about 45 mins my finger nails are slowly digging into the steering wheel and longing to back on the bike! Do stay dry though...

6. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

All I can say is that racing is simply superb, as for the age thing, my mate who I race with has just turned 66. The costs are as much as you want them to be really. yes they are more expensive than trackdays, but it is more than worth it.

7. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

So if I get into racing @ 25 do I have a chance of getting good???? :)

8. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, tricky one that. Give it a go and see what you think. I am nearly 40 and loving every minute of it. There are some seriously quick lads in the formula 600 class, but give it time and I will get there. I reckon life's too short to think about things. If the opportunity is there, take it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Gonna do 10 or so more trackdays this year and then consider it next year me thinks

• Like Like x 1