Help needed for a Aug holiday

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Feb 10, 2014.

1. dave d

dave d Elite Member

We hired a motorbike and toured the island and called in Buggiba and should be fine for kids,St Juliens and Sliema you have to use lidos or swim from the rocks as there no beaches as such. You can travel up to Mehilla Bay the largest stretch of sand on the island not too far or across to Golden Bay,
    Took the bike on the ferry over to Gozo which was great,i would personally give The Blue Lagoon on Comino a miss as its absolutely rammed.
    Having said that Malta is very much a marmite island some love it some hate it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Dave has hit the nail on the head with Malta. Opposite side of Island to Sliema where the beaches are apparently is very nice and family friendly.

I'm definitely going back there again and liking the bike hiring idea too :)

3. Givover

Givover God Like

I have been to Malta 3 times but the last time was about 15 years ago and what hit me on arrival was the very old unkept state of the roads and the streets around the hotels but for some reason I acclimatized to the situation and sort of got used to it .The locals where super friendly and have a war time connection with the English and love the young kids .I would imagine that things have moved on with the infrastructure and I would like to revisit sometime. My only issue at the moment is maybe the vast amounts of Africans landing on the beaches by the boat load both in Malta and in Italy ( Where are they now?)

4. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Roads have not changed much mate! I was gobsmacked at how shiny they are, then I got in a taxi and realised they don't even slow down it's full steam ahead. Like a ice rink is the best way I'd describe that polished road surface :eek:

5. restone

restone Active Member

Port Soller, Mallorca, safe beach for kids stunning scenery (north west side of the island in the mountains) beautifull walking,cycling excellent outdoorbound shop that hires and insructs on all manner of water / outdoor sports, nice restauraunts and awesome twisties for a sneeky days motorcycle hire.;) And no chavs!!!
    Kyrenia, Northern Cyprus, great beaches ,scenery, food and people very affordable too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Malta was very nice. Avoid the buses though.
    Great for watersports.
    Can also go visit Giza which is a lovely place.
    And some of the yachts berthed at Valletta were amazing.