How do you use yours

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blink, Jun 12, 2022.

1. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

If you look like Russell Crowe did in Gladiator..... let me know when you're coming :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

I used to commute year round for about 20yrs on various bikes, but mostly Blades finishing on a 2018. Was just about getting into the routine with the rucksack and leaving some stuff at work. Tyre wise I used to stick some sports tourers on when the time came.

Went in on the Superduke for the fist time on Tuesday and took me all of 30 secs to remember what faff it was compared to just flopping into the car. ;)

3. bladey

bladey Senior Member

And it doesn't matter where they ride, how straight or wobbly, changing lanes without looking, if one of those buggers rides into you when not looking where they're going it'll be YOUR FAULT! Time they taxed/insured bikes for using the road. I cycle a lot and still think it's a good idea even if it does cost a bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I took it to work today, it was fairly enjoyable, mostly because its nice and warm. I ride home a different way to going in. Loz will know the way i went, up Prince of Wales to Chesterfield. Quite a lot of filtering which I dont do that often, and sometimes i just cant be arsed, its not fun and im never in a rush.

Anyway, I did a bit, mostly at lights, right up until a CB500 pulled along side, so I followed him a bit, until another bike was to my left and a little ahead and he waved me on through the two lanes of queued traffic, so I felt obliged to filter and to be honest, it was fine, plenty of room, I stopped filtering on the roundabout and he then passed me filtering, I guess ill get used to filtering more

Oh, i did pass a couple of bikes sat in the queue of traffic

• Like Like x 2