How to go smoothly round a small roundabout

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Chriscbr, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I never experienced this problem with my blade. My 1199 however, is another story, but then again, it’s a pig at anything involving low speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bandit_287

bandit_287 Active Member

I too had a CBR600F before my blade and that was smooth as butter, the gearbox was like silk and no snatchiness at all from the throttle. Although my 04 is older than yours I thought exactly the same about the blade, notchy box and jerky throttle. I even fitted new chain and sprockets and new cush drive rubbers but they didn't help. I took it to a blade mechanic, he's had them and raced them for years and he rode it and said there's nothing wrong with it, it feels perfectly normal. I guess it's more hardcore than the soft 600F.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I notice you mention PC few times but i suggest you first try what other members have said first:

- check chain slack
    - clutch cable adjustment
    - throttle cable

if you may get kangaroo like hoping on trailing throttle, this could be caused by the slipper clutch

for normal road use doing 25~30 mph around a round about, 2nd gear + slight clutch sleep and rear break to stabilise (if needed) is what the doctor recommends.

i don't think the 600 has slipper clutch and when you consider the extra BHP for almost the same weight, then you understand why you get so much more kick when opening the throttle.

other that the check others has suggested the best remedy is to ride it and gettin used to its character:)