I have a confession!

Discussion in 'Touring' started by sinewave, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Alex, I do hope your personal hygiene is better than that of your stead or the only thing you’re going to be cocking your long shank over is that manky thing.

2. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

And I saw that 'like', David! You've changed!

Any of you lot fancy cleaning my bike?

Go on! I make gleaming tea!

3. lambeth longshanks

What is this - International Pick on Lambeth Day? You've affected me with issues now. I could sue you and this and that.

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

No it's Friday, which is pick on Gary day but he's gone down the Indian with Gill, so you're up slugger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lambeth longshanks

If I go down the Indian will you leave me alone?

6. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

No. I've told you. Friday is normally Gary's. he's missing presumed fed, we all drew straws and you're in the barrel. It's the law.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Freedom of choice

You can’t sue when you have posted evidence in favour of the prosecution and even if you could it would be the moderators in the dock, and as for changing, na, I have always been fickle, but, true to my beliefs and the absolute honour of my word. Your smoked garlic will be procured next week mate and not before time because when your Mrs smells it and you, you will be banished to the garage so you might as well clean that bike whilst you are in there mate.

8. lambeth longshanks

This is ridiculous. I'm new! Plus you're a pair of ****** parochial *****! So you should get down here and clean my ******* bike yourselves, you *******! And be ****** grateful! Midnight blue and silver (apparently. It's hard to see under all the filth)! They don't grow on trees, you know! ****!

See? Told you I had issues.

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oy! Twinkle! You're starting to do my 'ead in, as it 'appens. Now, do yourself a favour and wind your neck in before I get the 'ump. Savvy?

How did I do? I watched the Danny Dyer thing twice?

• Like Like x 1
  10. lambeth longshanks

Tell you wot, san. You ad that dan pwopa. Ani respec vat. Nice. Naamean?

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oooohhh. A Jedi....

12. Freedom of choice

as it appens that aint bad john, er in doors is sparko bu every time i try and turn the goggle over she wakes up and says 'luv a duck i had my mince on that' so I leave it be and slink back to the old puter for a bit o patter

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr Van Dyke, I've been a huge fan from the days when your name was Penis Van Lesbian...

14. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Right then, got home tonight and found my Kreiga gear has rocked up.

Just had a quick look-see before the Kids bath time routine etc and looked at how the straps fit under the seat and round the rear subframes.

I assuming getting the light tan straps around the sub-frames requires the tail piece to be removed?

Can't see anyone outside of a 3 year old having fingers small enough to thread it otherwise?

15. Si.

Si. God Like

I have the same problem mate! After fitting the new race tail, there's no way and no where to attach the straps to the subframe!

I made some templates for steel brackets, and megawatt is making me some out of steel, to thread the webbing through.
    when I've got them, I'll post up pics incase you want a set making ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I know I could just run the straps straight under the seat but that's giving the seat fixings a fair bit or responsibility aint it?

17. Si.

Si. God Like

It is mate, you are just relying on the lock and the bit of plastic that goes in the subframe. I've carried the us20 and us10 using just the seat, but I was a bit paranoid with having 30 litres of gear relying on the seat lock.

18. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Managed to fit the loops fairly easily once the rear tail section is off (Once I'd remembered to take the feckin KEY OUT!) :mad:

Straps down OK but as the loops wrap under the ledge of the seat you still get some rocking/movement that wouldn't be there if there were dedicated loop hooks under the tail section.
    Could do with someone making a Bike specific bracket system like the ventura one but for Kreiga gear, they're missing a trick here I feel.
    Below is it setup as just a 30 and a 10 on top, will try it out tonight with 2 x US10 strapped to the side of the 30.

Kreiga US40 1.jpg
    Kreiga US40 2.jpg

19. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Toured with mine like that last year mate, US20 on top of a 30 didn't have an issue although agree there's some movement. Is that a 10 on a 30?

Haven't got a picture of the 10 with it fitted to hand, but the 929 below with the 30 and 20. Did over 1200 miles like this for work last year.

[​IMG]

#39 Dave V, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  20. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

did you loop yours to the sub frame? makes it much more sturdy... and worth taking the rear fairing off for imo. once done they stay there and are tucked away when in normal use....

i also found that changing the strap configuration helps. Strap the top of the 10 to the main hooks, and strap the 30 to the 10 (if that makes sense) that way you are anchoring from the top of the bags and you can pull them tight together. had no movement issues once i done this.

i'll see if i can find some pics.

Here you go...

[​IMG]

It's prob not the proper way to do it, but big improvement on stability

#40 Jimbo Vills, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013