I thought spring was on the way!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blade1980, Mar 7, 2013.

1. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Mediterranean climate Lambeth.......more like East European nowadays.....:D

2. derick

derick Active Member

I was going to argue that point about London and Glasgow and amounts of rain but it turns out we are have more than double what you do. By these figures, I am, at most, only 50% responsible for the change in weather in London by property of having a new shiny bike. You will be responsible for 50% of the weather where I am and 100% of the weather where you are when you get yours. I can live with that.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

The geographical demographic involved here means that there will never be a satisfactory solution. Derick, as befits his Caledonian background will accept the bad weather with dour stoicism and promptly blame the English and shanks, as a Londoner naturally believes that the world, and it's meteorology revolves solely around him and therefore, any failure on it's part to shine down on him must be the fault of somebody else, probably 'norvan munkees'

It's a shame, but that's how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

Not good enough, sunshine, (yeah?) no way.

When I ordered my lamborghini gallardo or something convertible the nice chap in the showroom asked what colour I wanted the soft top. I said, 'Don't worry, my reassuringly poor fellow. I live in London. It doesn't rain. Just hook it out.'
    Now the thing's up to the gunwhales in water and I had to drive to Manchester to buy a hellish machine called an 'umbrella'.
    You can quote statistics till you're blue in the face, Derick, but I'm sending you a bill for a new interior for my motor. It was finished in a rather rare Persian mink fur. Hope you've got deep pockets.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Derrick must have felt guilty enough to repent and let the sun come out over Exeter so, being nobby no mates again this evening I was able to divest myself of the roof on the way home.

Thank you Derick.

#25 kpone, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. derick

derick Active Member

@kpone (Ken?) You are welcome. All part of a days work.

@ Lambeth - You are welcome to drive it up here. I'm sure I could give it a test drive to see what the damage to the interior is like. After that I sure I could arrange to get it covered with something. Not sure if you would be happy with the results though.... :p

7. lambeth longshanks

Derick, you've done enough damage. You're coming nowhere near my lamborghini or ferrari or whatever. Just had the interior redone. Bill's on the way and the Persian mink is now officially extinct.

Hope you're happy.

8. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

bad weather probably my fault! bike in on monday for full service and new tyres, and then i seen the forecast.:rolleyes:
    had hoped to scrub them in next weekend when home, i suppose if you enjoy biking ,golf and hill walking, scotland is both the best and worst place to be.not that i,ve seen it recently!

9. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Just back from getting the Blade MOT'd.
    Really can't go riding in the snow. Now I need to spend the next 2 hours cleaning all the salt off the bike. Not a happy chap :(

10. derick

derick Active Member

Alex, I'll split the bill for the replacement imaginary mink with you.

It was full on blizzard this morning while I was passing through the middle of the country today on the way to the bike show. Soon. (hopefully).

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't lose sleep over shanks 'so called' mink lads. Have any of you ever seen a cat in central London?

• Like Like x 1
  12. lambeth longshanks

Derick and Ken, I resent that. You cut deep.

When you lot visit London don't expect a ride in my Lamborgini...Lamborghoni...er, in my car.

• Like Like x 1