Insurance advice please

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Never dealing with mce ever again, promised me my insurance would half after 1 yr ncb , was paying 600 for an r6 fully comp with zero ncb. After 1 yr they called me with a renewal price of £550
    After a discussion they started back pedalling with all kinds of excuses.

Got insured with them 2 yrs after, when renewal time came I had a call off a cocky young kid asking me if I had done anything about renewing my insurance, I said no and he then said goodbye. Very cocky and bad mannered. I asked him why he had called and didn't renew with mce. Never will again.
    Now with Hastings direct, really good people

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

What makes U say that then?

3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

while not having a claim which most will judge their chosen insurance company by, I really just felt mce was not professional enough, the ultimate was renewal time when confused gave a price for mce of approx £150 less than they were trying to tell me my renewal price was. Also had to pester for the documents emailing to me which never arrived etc etc. Hastings were very helpful everything went smooth as it should , even quoting all the extra bits on my bike, where it is stored etc etc. everything fine. Unlike mce Let's hope renewal time is a good service and not like the treatment by mce

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Can only go off my current experience , will see come renewal time . Whatever insurance company somebody says is good there will be people saying that same company are shite . What insurance company you with & which do you rate @sinewave ?

6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

None tbh, U just have to roll with it and try and play the game imho.

What I have learnt is that they all follow one simple rule.

If U have a choice in the matter (and they know U know this), they can play 'nicely'

If they know U have No choice without substantial financial loss, as in my above post, they will not hesitate to 'Dick' U hard in the slightest!

#26 sinewave, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Point noted

8. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Sorry guys and girls, I forgot to up date this thread.

I finally decided to place my insurance this year with MCE. Almost the same cover as Bennetts @ a cost of £162.59 which is a huge saving.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MPJ

MPJ Active Member

Update for me too. Finally got around to insuring my Repsol after selling my FZ-1. As the comparison quote had gone over 30 days I had to do another. I was hoping to stick with Bennetts but they didn't even make the list. I went to click the buy it now with MCE and had to run through the quote process again but this time it came up £100 cheaper than the comparison site !
    Obviously I wanted to go with that but it kept kicking me out back to the start....so a quick phone call, they honoured the price and gave me a few extras....riding other bikes etc. So far all good, documents emailed straight away etc
    One thing I did notice during the whole thing, Bennetts load you more for having a Repsol...race replica to them. No one else has the Repsol option in the drop down box...

10. Dr.D

Dr.D Active Member

I think Bennets have been taken over recently, and something like increasing there premiums to reduce there risk. But maybe wrong. I think Bennetts are run by a bunch of muppets anyway after two separate dealings with them an example was cancelling my insurance without me knowing by clicking the wrong box after I asked them how much would my insurance change if I changed my exhaust, then apologising but saying I would have to take out a new year policy and loose my ncb ,therefore now wouldn't be with them anyway!

11. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Lol at Hastings Direct today!

I had some renewals sent through from various companies as my ZX10R is a year old next week.

Guess whose cheapest at £199 Fully Comp?

Yes, Hastings Direct, U know the company that said the ZX10R was too power full for them to insure when I swapped from my Blade 1 year ago, forcing me to cancel my policy at 6months old and lose 6 months NCB in the process!
    (See above thread link a few posts back)

TOSSERS all of em I tell ya! [​IMG]

Going with MCE as despite being £70 dearer they have a £0 Voluntary Excess also.

12. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Stubborn old git

• Agree Agree x 1