Insurance Companies really are WANKERS!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sinewave, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I'm with Hastings Direct on a multi bike policy, no issues but then I haven't had to swap bikes mid term.

Had exactly the same issue with MCE a few years back.

2. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Painful as it is, you probably signed the contract without reading the T&Cs, just as 99% of us do, then get disgruntled when things don't drop our way, guess most of us have been there.

IMO, the major issue we have, is that insurance is a compulsory purchase, that has to be made to get on the road, and ther does not seem to be too many rules governing the provision of it, no clear up front price list, no easy way to make a genuine comparison of what you are getting for your money, and no real transparant policy, that in event of a claim you know exactly what will happen, I struggle to think of any other compulsory purchase you have to make in your daily lives that is totally in the hands of private companies.

3. Alblade

Alblade God Like

There is considerable regulation from the financial services authority, with codes of conduct etc but as you say hard to compare companies.

Would be good to think of 10 key questions / points to get folk to ask about to get some comparative info available on here

4. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Jay try Adelaide ins in Belfast you will be well surprised

5. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Already sorted thanks matey, now insured with Zenith Insurance Co' for this 'uninsurably Powerful Bike' for the princely some of £329!

Oh how amazing, that's all of 68 pence more than Hastings were charging me for the Blade! :rolleyes: