Insurance

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Lock, Mar 29, 2011.

1. GSP

GSP Active Member

I've had a nightmare with MCE since i made that post.

When I received my documents I read them through in detail.

They had the bike down as a 2008 when it's a 2009.
    The had put down that I had an Averto Alarm and Oxford Ground anchor installed which I never mentioned.
    They had me down as 3 years NCB, when I have 4.
    The dates on various conflicting documents were all wrong.

The alarm was the biggy, as they couldn't qoute me without an alarm.

They then have the cheek to charge me £30 to cancel, despite it being their mistake. Which I am currently fighting... I've not had any money back yet mind :angry:

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Funny you should say that.

It has taken 3 weeks and 5 phone calls to get my documents emailed. ( all ok thou )

The cock up is that i received a letter from the under writers informing me that my policy will be cancelled as MCE have not replied to a letter they sent them asking for details on a claim i made last year.

I have made no such claim so i contacted MCE whom told me there is nothing on my policy mentioning a cancelation or a request for more info, they ensured me all is ok

I phoned the under writers to confirm and they said that they have requested more info but my policy will not be cancelled as long as MCE update the wrong data concerning the faulse claim.

I phoned MCE back who are now saying letters where sent by mistake and a customer service rep will contact me to amend the details and all will be fine

2 days and still no phone call, the under writers took my policy of auto cancel but would not let me update the info as MCE must do it.

I am very worried now that my policy is at risk of being cancelled because MCE have cocked up my details. They have quite happily taken payment in full from my bank account thou

Im gonna phone the lazy shites up when i get home and get it sorted but i doubt i will renew with them again

Forum members beware ...... they may sponsor British superbikes but they're customer service is shoking

3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Just had a claim for £8400 on the r1 in March and got a quote earlier for rr8 blade on 2010 plate with yoshi exhaust, levers tail tidy etc for £241

38 with 6yrs ncd protected

4. dan.1moore1

Bargain !

5. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I received a cold call from MCE who told me they would be able to beat my renewal. When they quoted it was £50 lower so I went with them. When I received my docs they also listed me as having that exact combination of ground anchor & alarm. Sneaky tactics to reduce the quote?

I've heard of customers lying about security for cheaper quotes, but bloody insurance brokers lying to make it cheaper, if true, is a serious concern. Check your policy wording carefully as you can bet that if you need to claim they will void your policy through their own mistake.

6. dan.1moore1

Really ? ...Gonna check mine now

7. dan.1moore1

Mine is actually all ok. updated the incorrect info and all sorted

8. GSP

GSP Active Member

MCE are complete scamming buggers

These guys are an absolute joke.

After ringing their premium rates number several times I'm still getting nowhere and still have no refund. They also say the £30 charge stands as alledgedly I put it onto the GoCompare qoute I did online.

That's complete bullshit as I've never even heard of an Averto Alarm. I just did an identical qoute on gocompare where I only put down the Honda HISS 2 system and it returned an identical qoute... The alarm tab on the qoute form was completely blank.

Steer well clear of these scammers.

9. matt

matt Active Member

i had a load of meither with them too, basically i rang up to get a quote and after giving them my details he comes back with a price, i tell him i can get it cheaper and then he says he will see what he can do and sticks me on hold,
    after 5 mins he comes back saying its his lucky day and i shud be gratefull that he has knocked my premium down by 30% so i agree to it and pay.
    i then wait a week for insurance documents but they dont arrive,
    after a few phone calls i get them to email me and when i checked the sales bloke had only covered me 3rd party only and valued my bike at 2k. needless to say i wasnt impressed and got on to there customer services and managed to get a cancellation and my money refunded.