Insurance

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by bill12r, Apr 26, 2012.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

They are fuckers !! excuse my language but its the only word for them !

I had a bump in my car in 2010 .actually , just my car had a bump as i wasn't even in the bloody thing . 3rd parties insurance offered to pay for the 1 inch scratch to be re sprayed

Asked my insurer if it would affect me in anyway in the future , they said no

following year my premium is up 200 quid coz i had a non fault claim on my record .. Arrrrrggghhhhh makes my blood boil !!1

2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Your money is the only thing insurance companies are interested in. looking after you and paying out claims seems to be bottom of their list

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like H&R are about to launch a combined car and bike policy.

4. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

yh saw that but thats a pain in the arse for me at the mo cause i would need to cancel the car to re start with H&R as i am mid term with the car policy

5. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

There was a time way back in the 70's when the insurance company sent round a loss assessor, his job was to assess the damage to the bike and work out how much to pay out to put it right. These days they send someone round to find something wrong with the bike to void the insurance ie; paint job, different make tyres, non road legal exhaust. I even heard of a case where they refused to pay out because of stickers on the bike! :eek:

6. MrB

MrB God Like

Not from my experience. Generally they turn up, are given a copy of the estimate take some photo's - damage/mileage/registration. Occasionally check tread depth on tyres and ask for a valuation before the accident but that's about it. Never has one gone about poking for PC's or checking the exhaust is road legal etc. Not yet anyway.

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

They just sent a van for my Ducati. To take it away for assessment. I wasn't even there. The guy that collected it made a visual assessment of visible damage and left it for me. A couple of weeks later I got a phone call from the assessor who asked why the the mileage was so low for its age, if it had been serviced regularly and complimented me on its condition. Then he said he had no qualms about recommending the full insured value be paid for it and I had a cheque within days, even before I'd actually sent them the V5.

8. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Ok, it's that evil time of year again.

I see a few people like H&R, just a quick question/query.

Looking at the disclaimer on their first page, one of the conditions is no modifications?

Just wanted to make sure people have insured with them including mods?