IPad upgrade

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Sep 22, 2013.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's apparently to fix a security glitch...

2. julestys

julestys Active Member

There was me thinking the ipad was the first tablet???
    People said they would never take off and then they all copy it.
    Apple for me all day long, pay more but least you the thing wont crash or play up like the microsoft crap (personal opinion)
    Mr Gates did not even invent windows it was a programme he purchased, cute cookie all the same

3. Stimo

Stimo Member

just jailbreak it , customize it loads that way
    just have to make sure latest break is out if you've updated it to ios7

4. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

No JB for iPad3 even under old OS? Don't get me wrong I love my iPad but it could be so much more! As for never crashes I don't know about that!! Just coz it don't flag up an error - freezes and random reboot of apps is still a crash in my book..... my little desktop PC never crashes....it has a few errors on start up but it don't crash and I build it from stuff from a bin...lol

I love these little (XGb) quick fix updates....few more please mine still looks pants and is S L O W E R than before!

5. Stimo

Stimo Member

Ahh didnt know there wasn't a release for ipad 3 . i don't have one as i've no use for it , all i have is the iphone.
    As for iSO7 i don't mind it , it's not a massive difference to last iOS.

6. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

On Monday our local IT Manager proudly presented me with a new 64 gig iPad and told it will help you be more productive, everything is linked so you should get a seamless system regardless of using your laptop, hellberry or iPad, oh and I have just downloaded the new operating system for you !! What a load of bollocks, I can't move bugger all between the laptop and the iPad as our main IT department in Germany haven't yet approved the new operating system so the only was I can get any documents between the hardware is to email it.

The email version on the iPad won't let me add any invitees to proposed meetings, so that is pretty useless as well.

They can have the bloody thing back as it just seems to be something else I need to lug around that doesn't work properly.

Not bad for surfing the net whilst sat watching the telly though, if I am honest.