Joined the gym a week ago and not noticed any difference

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by martinowen, Dec 6, 2012.

1. callumw

callumw Active Member

Find someone that you trust implicitly.

Take some pics of yourself in your pants and give them the pics withe instruction "If I don't reach my (realistic) goal in the next 8 weeks, then email the pictures to everyone we know.

That'll keep you going for at least 8 weeks and by then it'll be easier and part of your routine :)

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Well day 2 yesterday hurt today fecking hurts! Lol
    The old roid boys must of noticed I was in a second day today and made sure I knew I was on their territory by walking up and down in front of me flexing there arms! They should really work on the matchstick legs a bit as they look well out of proportion

3. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

By the sound of them, it looks like they have been working on their dicks as well Martin, with that attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stimo

Stimo Member

i gym 4 to 5 days a weeks now but in the early days i'd lack that push.
    i just kept at it and before i knew it i was addicted , now not going does my head in it's a bigger addiction to me than my bike ( yes i must be fecking nuts) , i'm constantly making sure of protien every 2-3 hours and hitting correct calories ,putting on over a stone but it's each to their own.
    i've had a few mates try it with me and it's just not their cup of tea and you'll never see them in the place again haha but me.......i'm a lifer!

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Must admit I went for 3rd day today, it still hurts and I could do less today but I find it alot easier going by myself.
    I think I may start going every other day as my muscles don't seem to be recovering lol so sun off back mon

6. Stimo

Stimo Member

worst thing to do is over train your body needs rest just as much
    when i say i go 4-5 times a week , each day is a seperate body part so that the targeted area has plenty of rest untill next time.
    stick at it bud :)

7. phantom

phantom Active Member

yup at least 24hrs rest for the muscle group worked.
    also some glutamine and chocolate milk after a workout
    is a good post workout recovery shake thats cheaper than buying them
    powders....or use bulkpowders.co.uk, I find they are very cheap.

8. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Try chemical nutrition, dear but the best. If you are doing a full body workout train 3 times a week, if separate body parts give that part at least 3 days rest. Its the rest that aids recovery and growth not the training.

9. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Try fitness classes. I highly recommend spinning and yoga. The insanity dvd training is excellent as well. Set a time to train daily and stick to it, the hardest part is motivating yourself to get to the gym in the first place but once you're there it's easier to get on it.

10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm have been gym the last 3 days in a row and actually enjoying going by myself (kind of) taking today off and going tomorrow, Im concentrating on some of the leg machines as I have alot of muscle wastage in my left leg due to the accedent and many operations.
    I do a bit of cross trainer, bike, then some upper body weight machines

I have to stick to low impact stuff on the knee (doc orders)
    All I want to do really is improve my leg muscle, slim down and then eventually tone a little bit. I'm natrauly quite broad so not interested in bulking up etc

11. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

The workout that phantom talked about is great for burning fat. its called H.I.I.T ( high intensity interval training) and there are lots of differant ways of doing it so even with a bad leg you will be able to find an exercise that works for you.

I have a weight bench at home and always use workouts on you tube by a guy called mike chang ( six pack shortcuts ). Its all really good stuff but like you i dont have the motivation to keep at it. i manage 2-3 weeks and then get fed up and forget about it for a month or so.

You need at least speak to a physio about what is the best way to get the required strengh and muscle back in your leg as just turning at the gym and doing stuff yourself could end up making things worse

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

It's ok I'm under physio they just want me to do low impact stuff like cross trainer and light leg weights