Just a general rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blink, Apr 27, 2019.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

If we where all gay we would have no more human race.
    So please give us straights a break

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Blink words only have the power that you give them. It is you that allows your emotions to be slave to the language of others, that is your prerogative but you can’t expect others to follow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blink

blink Well-Known Member

oh, and anyone can take the piss out of me, but ull get it back. I just think the whole using gay as a negative insult helps nobody

4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

but the world would look fabulous en route to human extinction

and, ill break you in, if you like

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Blink there's hardly any women on the forum but I've never even thought about it....what does it matter...folks today sweat the small stuff too much. I have lots of fun laughing at the 'women' stuff the guys throw at me & give as good back. Chill ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. blink

blink Well-Known Member

but the world would look fabulous en route to human extinction

and, ill break you in, if you like

7. blink

blink Well-Known Member

that would be the straights flaunting their sexuality lol

8. raphael

raphael Elite Member

and Brunai has just introduced stoning as punishment for being gay.
    now you are just talking shit as there is so much more to that statement than what you seem to be feeling?

9. blink

blink Well-Known Member

not really, but thats the reason for pride today

i dont take part in pride or anything like that, but thats the reason for it

10. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Interested to know what you think - honestly....

In some countries, like you mention, being gay can get you killed, imprisoned or have violence directed at you by crowds or mobs.

There are growing numbers of reported cases now in Europe - such as in Berlin, Paris and London - all have seen many assaults on gay men being attacked on the street.

We have also seen gay pride marches being protected with concrete blocks, positioned to prevent them from being attacked by vehicles ramming into them.

Do you think it will be safe to be openly gay in Britain ?

Personally I think that European cities including in the UK - it will become less safe for men to be openly gay in the future, and the old teasing that went on before will seem inconsequential, almost nothing, as compared to what is coming.

PS - I am not gay

11. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I'm a white, heterosexual, able bodied Englishman.

I can't march to celebrate any of those without being classed as a suppresive fascist misogynist homophobe. I don't lose any sleep over that but it does make me wonder why others should expect my support for them to be allowed to march for their particular cause when they wouldn't offer the same support.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

13. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i think its getting safer. I feel safer when im out around town, and havent had any negativity in almost 20 years. The barriers are there for most large events, just to prevent terrorism, most city centres have them permanently installed

and i dont think anyone is asking for anyone to support any gay pride march

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I think 'support' should be looked at in an overall context rather than simply a person's agreeance to the cause.

The whole community, as taxpayers, 'support' these marches, and of course, any like politically motivated rally. By 'support' I refer to the inconvenience of street closures; disadvantages to commuters on closed transport routes, and perhaps the biggest cash drain of all - the police and security costs!

There is a marked difference in supporting (with taxpayers money) a march for say, a firearms or knife amnesty, than there is in financially supporting a Gay Pride march which does not advance harmony in the general community but is merely a 'celebration', as it is touted, of one's sexuality and in many cases, one's chosen lifestyle.

In broad but to the point terms, why should I contribute to 500 LBGTs flaunting themselves to the public?

Mattie's final statement should not be necessary, but is somewhat essential to avoid being 'labelled' as gay for simply participating in this discussion. This is perhaps an indictment on society as it (we) are quick to judge and attach labels.

It as all around us:
    Two young guys/gals share a flat to share expenses; the underlying perception is: 'That gay couple in flat 22.'

A guy might have a flamboyant taste for fashion: 'Oh, he must be gay.'

A girl with short-cropped hair: 'There's another dyke.'

And why is this? Because those of LBGT persuasion (in general) have chosen to draw attention to themselves with their 'coming out' and Mardi Gras, etc. If they choose to shout from the rooftops, they must expect retorts from the street.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I think there'd been a bit of Saturday night pop consumed by certain parties last night re-reading this thread lol :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I can beat that. I am a middle aged, white, able bodied, heterosexual Male, who drinks beer, eats meat, owns his own house, keeps fit, never used the NHS, been in work paying tax since 16 and voted Brexit. So in today’s society I am fcuked.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Bloody hell :eek:

We're twins!!!

Cept I haz boobies :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

I can go along with most of that - I am a middle aged, white, able bodied, heterosexual Male, who drinks on occasion, eats meat, owns his own house, keeps active, been in work paying tax since 16 and voted Brexit. However, nearly 5 years ago I had massive need of the NHS. So today I am still around to feel very fortunate.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Spartan Andy

Spartan Andy Active Member

I must be your Greek Cousin :) ( Born & Bred UK Version Mk1 )

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

You might be right there....I always thought it was wrong of the police to assume that just because @PauloHRC & @Selmer50mark were in the men's cubicle together in Garstang toilets that something dodgy was taking place....
    Paul was just assisting Mark with his stuck zipper...

I believe...

Although the magistrates clearly didn't think so...:D

• Funny Funny x 6