Just a general rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by blink, Apr 27, 2019.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

You've been welcome here since 20 December 2018, way before this thread even existed. I know of many friendly interchanges centred on bikes and general banter that illustrate absolutely no bias or favour.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

3. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i knew that would be misinterpreted, and yes, i even said at the time how welcome i feel here, and its the only forum for bikes that i read still.

nobody here has offended me, i dont want anyone thinking they have, im really not very precious.

its also why i started this thread here, and not anywhere else.

4. blink

blink Well-Known Member

that was a quote from the facebook groups, where there are constant digs about being gay, and suzuki riders are all gay, because the bikes are shit.

5. blink

blink Well-Known Member

that was a quote from the facebook groups, where there are constant digs about being gay, and suzuki riders are all gay, because the bikes are shit.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not 'precious' or 'precocious'?:D

7. hitch

hitch Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. blink

blink Well-Known Member

you choose nige, but yeah, im quite happy for ppl to rip the piss out of me, because i always do it back

id watch that vid, but i dont watch vids. ill have to check it out later

and again, im not talking about me being offended personally, but i think people should consider what that sort of attitude does to a large amount of people, many of whom already feel marginalised, may have been waiting to leave school to escape it, may be put off doing things they want because of it. It goes on all over, choice of career etc etc

in reality, once you have got into a career, like engineering, or into biking, its all fine, but the attitude and perception that outsiders have is going to affect peoples decisions about it.

I did think there would be loads of gay bikers, because i speak to loads in the, er, kinky world who post pics of them (clean ones) with new leathers or whatever, or have screen names that allude to being long standing bikers.

Sadly, on closer inspection, the only bits they dont have, is the license or bike!

Now that is a topic id love to discuss

• Like Like x 1
  9. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Well done paulo I’m proud of you mate for coming out in such a public way.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

There have been secret signs mate :eek: :confused:

2019-04-28 18.31.05.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i def want to meet some ppl at matlock, are you there next week, and have room for a lanky idiot?

12. blink

blink Well-Known Member

oh, thats a lovely purse, dont think i could pull that look off tho

13. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Blink are you ok mate? Whatever your perceptions are on this forum we do not give a flying toss about sexuality and all the other stuff like that. Clearly the only prejudices on this website are the big question, which is the fastest HRC or Repsol?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blink

blink Well-Known Member

no, nothing to do with this forum at all. Like i keep saying, its good here, thats why im here. im on about the facebook groups, then it sort of drifted lol

and its HRC

• Like Like x 2
  15. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Lol good to hear but I think Repsol. To be honest precisely the reason I have never been on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram et al. I hear nothing but bad things about it all. So one never misses anything they have never had.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Or in other words what is the second fastest colour bike after black ones :p

• Like Like x 4
  17. blink

blink Well-Known Member

i dont mind admitting that im regularly not ok, but this isnt one of the things that makes me not ok.

its a valid point that there are some pretty toxic keyboard warriors out there, its not always easy to filter them out, but its just one of the annoying features of the internet.

I stand by my point that people should think about what they say some more, and because im a bit of a hippy, i think we should all share just a little bit more love for one another

• Like Like x 1
  18. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I only picked HRC because i have a tt legends bike, i have no idea what it meant really lol

19. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

100% agree with that - IMHO such social networking sites are the root of all evil. For the relatively small amount of positive use they have they’re in the main just a platform for faceless keyboard warriors to spread lies, slander, bullying and hate.

I’m all for free speech and live and let live, but if it were down to me I’d ban the lot. I’ll get my coat..........

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Social media sucks, the sooner people realise what they are actually giving to the likes of Facebook the better. The psychological costs will be around for decades.

• Agree Agree x 7