Life is soo feckin boring!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Lol I'm not trying to sound spoilt here guys apologies if thats how its come across, please don't get me wrong I work my arse off for every penny just so I can savour that one weekend of racing and banter with friends once a month.

2. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Get yourself an accountant Jimbo.You can counter claim and shaft the taxman on tools cleaning transport etc. Offset the racing as advertising and transport.It will probably cost you a couple of hundred quid but will stave off this silly expenditure lark.Any good accountant will put it right for you.;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

I've been in a couple of jobs I hated.But learn't to like them and use them as a learning curve.Even got to the stage of doing my bosses work as well as my own.To learn his work too so that I can use it as a bargaining tool to get my salary up;) I then got fed up making my bosses money, so I took the plunge and now work for myself.If you get good at engineering why not make things on the side and sell them . I'd have various lathes at home if I could.I love making things and tinkering.

4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Tyke!

Get yer sen a filthy Whore as a GF, takes no end of stress of a Man! ;)

Jimbo, are U self employed or run ya own business?

5. rocket

rocket Active Member

I think we all get like this at some point in life. I been in same job 22 years and only 2 months ago survived another dose of redundancies but lost over 30 colleagues some of whom are great friends and its just took the soul outta the job now. Wishing I weren't there and that I was brave enough to jump ship and try something else but a young family makes you think twice. Wife works evenings so lots of time to sit and dwell on things once kids asleep. Barely get time to use the bikes but just having them there keeps me going. If I didn't have them would go stir crazy. Chin up and hope the feeling passes.

6. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

So similar to me Rocket.
    23 years in the job, worked from a YTS/Training Scheme up to part owning the company.
    But in reality I have no control over anything in it.
    Construction Industry still in recovery, cash tight, pay day delays, assistant been offered a fair wedge more from another co and likely to leave.
    Which would leave me with the whole workload.
    Would cost the company the same amount he has been offered to replace him.
    Have no motivation at work.
    Just look forward to getting home. Then weather crap or wife working so can't get out on the bike as much.
    Hence my even more enjoyment of the TT this year.
    Would leave work and look for something else, but I doubt I would get the same money elsewhere without being a director.
    And tied into the company with shares and guarantees.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Told ya you should of come to the TT with us Tyke and chin up buddy only 2 weeks to go now and we are donny bound just don't put me on the fecking grass this time xx

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Cheers sideways.

No jay I'm employed buddy, work for a firm and paye, hence why my travel is now deductible. Long story but taxman is catching up with loopholes in my industry :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It does sound like you could do with clearing your custard mate...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

YT, know where you are buddy, been through all that for all my working life at some stage or the other, keeping on grafting matey because the reality is for 99.999% of us you only get out what you put in, and many a time I have sat there on me bike, alone looking out into nowhere and wondering what it is all for.
    Bottom line is that you have got your family, your mates and some toys, and no matter what the end of the rainbow looks like, nothing more precious than family and friends, can't put a value on that one mate.

In time the money will come to buy the material things, but they are only for the present, not for ever, so enjoy whilst they are there and then graft on for the next lot.

Jimbos right you will always be just 1 grand short, we all are and that's what drives most of us on. Chin up matey always tomorrow as they say.