MAD MOTO Chain Adjusters

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by mikesouthby, Apr 24, 2014.

1. N2OCapri

N2OCapri Active Member

I am no engineer but I would have thought that with all the forces being put through the axle simply tightening a nut would not be sufficient to stop the wheel moving without any support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. blakely.wells

blakely.wells Member

You can say this in confidence knowing that nobody is going to try this on their pride and joy as it's not what Honda intended.. But I do belive that a axle nut tightened to 150 odd nm is not going to shift one bit if Installed and tightened as intended. You cannot expect the Mickey mouse 8mm bolt screwed into a nice soft alloy thread to act as a stressed part. It really isn't. When I've adjusted chains in the past (and there's been many) as I used to be a motorcycle MOT tester often the adjuster bolt would be a few mm from touching. You can't expect me to belive these move and then move back again can you?

3. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

First off,if you're tightening the rear axle nut to 150 odd that's nearly 50% more than intended and you're gonna cause damage there.
    Secondly,take a closer look at what is actually gripping when you tighten that nut. On the drive side you have a greased axle slid thru an adjuster block,which is smooth just as the area on the swingarm that it sits. On the inside you have a wheel spacer that is usually greasy too.
    Do you honestly think that on a superbike with the power and forces involved that the only thing stopping that wheel moving forward would be a little bit of friction between greasy smooth surfaces?

4. blakely.wells

blakely.wells Member

I wasn't giving the exact figure I had not looked it up. But I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1