Migraines

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

The wife gets migranes. She yake sumatriptan (sp?) which you can get as imigran over the counter from the chemist. She used to take it with a couple of anadin and the migrane would go in 30 minutes or so, but now she can't take the anadin due to other medication and they don't seem to work as well.

Ironically Naproxen gives her migranes.

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You guys all seem to have pretty good GP's, or maybe mine's just crap. They are diagnosing and prescribing shit for you to try. Mine listened to my symptoms then asked me what I thought was wrong, funny, I imagined he'd have some degree or other in the subject so that he didn't need my help, but when I said migraine, he agreed. Never gave me a prize or anything, just suggested paracetamol. I look forward to the day I meet the inventor of paracetamol, put his hand in a blender and offer him some as pain relief, so he can see that they don't fecking work.

That was my sole interaction with the doctor on the subject. I worry that self diagnosis is a dangerous path, but seeing as he had agreed with my findings I felt justified in doing my own research to find a way to deal with it on my own, which has worked out pretty well, considering, plus it frees up the health service for the benefit of health tourists and old people who just refuse to die.

3. BionicAnt

BionicAnt New Member

I only quickly read this thread, i dont think anyone has mentioned Migraleve... This is what i use to take and it worked for me, and its over the counter... When you feel one coming on... Smash in 2 pink tablets.... If you were too late, and it comes full on take 2 yellow :)

[​IMG]

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Tried them, worked for a while then seemed lose its effectiveness. I find that what I take now takes the edge off enough for me to complete my day and get to where I can get into my siege mentality mindset for the duration.

• Like Like x 1