Moto gp Silverstone 2012

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Remal, Feb 25, 2012.

1. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Car/bike parks were full, Silverstone is quiet a large area so it's easy to look sparse around the circuit. Basic ticket £80-00, rover £90-00 on the gate for race day. Then you add food, drink and memorbilia.

2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Cost me £60 per person, kids free for a roaming grandstand ticket. we per booked. Food costs are stupidly high and we took our own food. 25 min que getting in and about 35 mins to get out. well impressed with our day there

3. Moily

Moily Active Member

That's one of the reasons why I thought there were more people here this year, as 2 years ago managed to breeze into the first car park but got there earlier this year and they were nearly all full. The queues on the A43 were just as long as last time too, so god knows where they all parked when they finally got to the track. Thank the lord we went on the bike!

4. Moily

Moily Active Member

I think it's good value if you take into account the 3 classes of racing, plus the Red Bull Rookies, stunt bike/air displays, bike roadshows, lots to do for the kids, etc. Definitely better value than F1, anyway!

5. rocket

rocket Active Member

just got home this afternoon as stayed local last night but had a great day. pretty easy in and out and managed to get on pit straight grandstand undercover (not that we needed it) front row and right opposite the ducati garage although we were there at 730. that stand and club corner were packed but seats in others and some completely empty but nice crowd and atmosphere. good performance by the brits just think where cal could have ended up if he qualified saturday. he,s doing great. face feeling sunburnt although had packed wellies and wet gear in car. got meself a 1;6 scale repsol blade too put on mantle piece too (well it was fathers day lol)!.

6. Moily

Moily Active Member

Heh, I saw the large Repsol models and thought they were a bargain for that size. That's the only downside of owning the fastest type of Blade (Black) - you can't get any models of it! ;)

7. rocket

rocket Active Member

yes the wife spotted them and i thought i,ll have that as most other repsol models are of the gp bike and not blade itself. the guy charged my card in euros so wait till statement comes just to see what it ended up as. :cool: