My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Yes I think your right Martin.. Just having a moment of madness I think :)

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Also with the fuel light my RR5 sometimes takes that long to register sometimes its off while warming up then comes on as the wheels begin to turn, really want some of them clocks they look great!
    Keep up the good work

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks for that martin, did wonder if it was just normal for the fuel light to take time to register. That is good news :)

Just need to confirm the tacko works when its started now apart from that think they are fully functional which is super news!! Oh and speedo healer but lets see about that depends how far out they are.. Not to bad to fit if you can find a cheap secondhand one, cheaper than a HM dash thats for sure!! Plus they dont even make a HM for the RR4 dont think so counts that out anyway :)

Can help out if you wanted to do the swap at some point :D

4. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

If by help out you mean you do it all while I watch and then hand you some cash then sounds like a plan lol
    I'm not even good at making tea and coffe because I don't drink the stuff I'm useless lol

5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Yes the fuel light takes a good min or two before it comes on, otherwise it would go on and off as the level drops down so the dash waits till the level is low enough to trip the light. I'm interested to know if it does. I have a HM dash on my 07 and the fuel light is a problem, it's fine on the late bike but not 4-7, it's interesting as I though the values were the same but according to the HM that's not the case, all I know for sure is the light is tripped when the resistance goes up, when high the light goes out hence why when you unplug the sensor the light should go out.

#325 arthurbikemad, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

looking good LC..... you made me blush when watching the film :D :D ... it was my pleasure to help out!!

I would leave the fairings as they are, do they have daytime MOT on it now?

7. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Great write up mate..............with yourself and Von Grumbles blogs its been better than watching those bloody milked to death Morecambe and Wise re runs this Christmas ....... cant wait for the start up......!! :D

8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Seems to work Arthur, when the pump isnt connected no light. When connected comes on after a minute or so and then stays on. Wonder how I can trick the sensor on the pump in to thinking its submerged in fuel.. Could dip it in a bucket of petrol but could get messy haha

If things all work out Martin would defo help you out matey if you want to go this route :)

Thank you Skippy, currently has full day time MOT with the stock fairings so will keep these im decided now.. I think haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Rob :)

10. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

It sounds like it's all good mate! :) You've done a good job.. :)

11. glynn

glynn Member

Not read this since November and it is great to see all the time and effort that's gone into it. Looking forward to the big day when you start it up and it's fully finished. Well done.

12. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking good lambchops! I'd be interested to know if you've added or saved weight on the bike when you've finished

13. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks guys, that's a good point sps regarding weight, It should about the same I would estimate.. Engine was 1kg lighter than the 900 but I've added that back on the frame I would think... The subframe will be lighter than stock but the fuel tanks will be heaver by a fraction.. I would guess an overall weight saving over the stock 900 which is 180kg without fuel.. around the 200 kg mark perhaps just under would be nice when fuelled :) we will see

14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Oh also swinging arm is lighter so are the wheels of course so you never know..

15. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. judd

judd New Member

excellent mate gr8 footage and build details cool vids

17. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Excellent John, Now it starts for real.

Jim

18. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Loved the "Benny Hill bit" mate.........great build thread and cant wait to see Aqua Blasted casings..........

19. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I think it looks really good with the silver frame as you say John.

Loving this thread.

20. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

haha brilliant Lambchops.. your video skills (except the windy moment) are making me laugh, and the wife shouting through "nerd!" watching at 20 past 10 on a Sunday night! keep the progress coming.. :D