My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. glynn

glynn Member

Brilliant work buddy. Wish I was technically and mechanically minded to create a bike like that.

2. Island Rider

Island Rider New Member

Looks wicked mate, credit to your skills.

I can just about put petrol into my bike and inflate the tyres when needed...so doing all that would make my head explode, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hump333

hump333 Member

5☆★☆★☆ lovely looking machine mate :thumbup:love a bit of modding an fiddling about in the Garage, late nights thoughts keeping you awake of the next steps.

If your in the Cheshire / wirral area an need helping hand or brain storming pm anytime. :)

4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks very much guys, im not an expert, just been lucky so far haha

You've got it in one there Hump, woke up early this morning thinking about the best shape for the front engine supports bearing in mind that they need to be able to support the ECU and rectifier also each side, let the fun begin :)

On another note was studying the workshop manuals yesterday and the 1000 lump is also 1 KG lighter than the 900! so some weight saving also out of this :)

#24 lambchops, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

OK well started work, decided summer is over and went for it :) I have a new tail to go on her so first job was to trial fit and see if I liked it before I strip the whole bike down down the the engine work. Even though the tail came off a blade it was the 93 model and unfortunately the frame is different so doesn't fit as is.. Nothing is ever simple :)

So managed to wire the new subframe in place and take some photos, its not positioned perfectly of course but you get the idea. Bit of a CRT look going on I think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started to make some paper templates for the new subframe sides so it will fit the RRW frame, will make them out of thin plywood to make sure its all fits before giving it to my buddy to make in alloy

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. iang27

iang27 Active Member

That looks lovely, swinging arm is mint. As it happens if anyone else is thinking of fitting an RSV swinging arm I have a brand new one still in the box lying in the garage !!!

7. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Iang :) mine has a couple of marks on it could be tempted myself!! :)

This arrived this morning, pretty excited about having these working.. Now im sure its going to be a pain in the arse and they are never going to fully work of course but worth having a try. Got them for good money so can resell without loosing anything. Just need a light loom from an 2012 bike so i can shop off the connector and then splice in to the RR4 loom (when I have one) Anyone know the rev limit on the RR4 compared to the 2012 bikes?

res340.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

How about you fit it to my RR5 loom and I take it for a long test ride? A very long test ride ;)

9. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Lambchops any chance you could stop upsetting me with those flourishing mods !
    I can't look at mine anymore.....

[​IMG]

This will be project blade sometime next yr...
    Ummm rsv swinger ? You haven't got a patent on the design have you pal ? Lol
    Seriously though keep those pics coming its great to see a morphed blade..... Top job fella

#29 Repsol Rob, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I could look at your bike all day long looks amazing!! Love the painted subframe finishes it off a treat. looking forward to following your build next year :)

If the new dash works Martin get your bike round here when mines done and we will rig yours up also :)

11. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Wow - that looks amazing fella! :eek:

Wish I was as confident and as skilled to take on something like that. I just know I'd fudge it up and end up having to hand it over to someone to sort out my mistakes (I recently sheared a bolt just whilst changing my fork seals :(). Would love to have a go at fitting the 2012 dash to my 2009 bike at some point, but since I've only had the bike a couple of weeks - I think I'll just enjoy it for a while before I start hacking into the loom lol.

Keep the pics coming - it looks amazing! :)

12. raphael

raphael Elite Member

you lot are killing me!! class bike that !

13. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks guys. Well did a bit more today with the new tail, took my paper template (must have made 9 of the buggers to get it right) and bought some thin wood board and jig sawed out my best template and screwed it to the alloy subframe so its supporting its own weight. I think im happy now with this and its time to drop it around to my buddy to get its fabbed up in alloy :)

[​IMG]

15. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Dont hang about do ya!

16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Martin, ive got an engine to fit cant mess about with tail sections for too long :)

17. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Like the 'Elephant' Leathers! ;)

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha i was wondering how long until that was clocked by someone :)

19. HRCTrev09

HRCTrev09 Well-Known Member

Feck me that is sex on wheels! Truly Outstanding! I'm not worthy!!!!...... Ehmm! Can I get you autograph :D

20. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha thanks trev :)

• Downvote Downvote x 1