My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Phil.O

Phil.O Member

Looking brilliant, amassing the things you can find online with a bit of searching.....

With how excited we all are this start up I can't imagine how you're feeling!!

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Wow thanks guys, your right Phil I can't wait! Excited and nervous at the same time haha

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

The exhaust wiring arrived Gilesy thanks very much buddy! Going to fit this afternoon so will report back if it clears the warning light. Thanks very much for sorting this absolute star mate.

4. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Keep my fingers crossed for you. If you need me to look.at my wiring in my plug, let me know

5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

All fitted Gilesy, the wire colours are slightly different on the RR4 but figured it out in the end thanks so much matey :)

So powered it up and now have the engine light flashing at me in a sequence trying to report some error code, anyone know where I can find out about these?

Seems to be two:

5 long flashers then 1 short

second one

3 long flashes then 4 short

Any ideas anyone?

6. pants

pants New Member

The good book says:

Hi Lambchops I just googled this for you and came up with this. I hope it helps

34 blinks = Faulty EGCV (Exhaust Gas Control Valve) servomotor POT
    35 blinks = EGCV servo motor lock
    51 blinks = HESD linear solenoid malfunction
    Loose of poor contact on HESD solenoid connector
    Open or short circuit in HESD solenoid wire
    Faulty HESD solenoid

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Ooh that'd not good.. you want me to check my plug in the morning? From memory I think the loom wires were different colours from the servo pin-to-pin Across The Plug. .

8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks for the info, is that 35 blinks or 3 long and 5 short? If so thats good news as Exhaust gas control valve is disconnected anyway prob hence the error and HESD is also disconnected.. Presume none of these errors will stop it starting anyway?

Gilesy dont think there is an issue with the wiring you did, I compensated for the wiring behind the connector im sure this is fine, before this was connected had no info flashes just a constant flash so now at least its giving proper information

• Like Like x 1
  9. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

So when people bypass these the HESD and HGCV what do they do with the connectors?

10. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Very worthy

11. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Ok done more digging, Hesd is the steering damper isn't it, didn't click at first silly me. So did some research doesn't seem to be much you can do about this, some say add a resistor so found on eBay someone selling a plug in module for 16 quid to bypass it so ordered one.

Regards the exhaust bypass realy not sure why this is showing the error with Gilesy bypass... Will check the wiring again today. But I'm very happy as was worried with this 2012 dash all these error codes reporting may not work, everything seems to work spot on even the Hesd light is lit now. Just the rev counter to check works :)

12. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Oh also ordered my Harris clipons, went for 55mm risers as am too old for cramping over the tank :) 55mm is more or less the same as the sock 954 clipons I had fitted.

13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Come on LC, I'd have had oil in that by now, you don't need an exhaust to fire it up mate, just some ear muffs!

• Like Like x 3
  14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Hehe oil is ordered artur, should come Monday Tuesday. Main delay is coolant hoses having to make them up due to the 900 rad combo, have it sorted now just missing some 25mm alloy tube to make some joiners. Also thinking of getting some of that waterless coolant as everyone tells me the rr4 runs very hot and my little rad may not be up to the job.. Tried to swing a deal with the company that makes it but they are not having any of it haha

Going to decide Monday if I bite the bullet and spend £70 on this coolant or not..

15. arthurbikemad

Ah, well IMO that rad will struggle to cool it mate, they do indeed run VERY hot! You may need to add another fan into the system (not sure if you have one or two) I think at speed it may well be ok but you will only know when you ride it, I use a lot of Evans and as much as I love the stuff IMO it will not be the answers to your problem, it runs a deg or two hotter but is much more stable, it runs at zero pressure and does not boil until around 180deg C, BUT in your case the system would just run that much hotter as the rad is unable to loose the heat, I think the answer in the end could be to add a small secondary rad maybe? For now if I were you I'd run water and water wetter or maybe just some pro cool, water is still the most efficient coolant and that's what you need. Like I say I love Evans but with your design I'm not sure, if you suffer boil over then yes it will certainly help.

16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Very interesting artur thanks for the input, didnt think of a secondary rad just knew the rr4 wouldn't fit. Ok that it then plain water and see how she goes! What's water wetter?

17. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks skippy just found some from jjc for £13.. Think I will try Arthur's advise run this and water and see how she does, if runs to close to boiling will look at adding a secondary rad under the 900 one. If it runs ok within temp then try some premixed coolant and leave it there, I have some motul bike coolant here already 2 litres wonder if I should just run this and then add the water wetter or just plain water first... Decisions decisions

#658 lambchops, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. arthurbikemad

Water wetter basically helps stop water tension, so the water is "wetter" ha, if water tension was to occur inside the cylinder you would have hot spots, those hot spots cause cavitation or a hotter spot that boils the coolant leaving an air gap causing more heat and so on. :)

20. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

You think plain water and wetter will be ok arthur as a starting point?

#660 lambchops, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014