My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks very much guys, loving the graphite repsol above but think being dark colours you lose the lines of the bike.. decisions decisions.. I think I will end up keeping the Legends colours.. The decider will be if I have to get the tank repainted if it needs welding to make room for the airbox, if I have to paint the tank as well as the rear seat may end up changing the whole scheme.. Need to do a new repsol scheme photoshop to see how it would look :)

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

That would be extra bhp from engine and extra from the paint, can you handle all that extra

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Here you are, not a bad effort :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. sinewave

sinewave God Like

You just need to get the ABBA stand powder coated to match now!

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think I prefered the TT paint on with the shape of your bike

• Like Like x 1
  6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I agree Martin already decided that :) Think you need the orange wheels to pull off a convincing Repsol scheme and dont want to paint my OZ wheels!

7. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm quite happy to swap wheels if it helps a fellow member out

8. sinewave

sinewave God Like

One things been niggling me LC about your Bike and it's just come to me what it is!

Tiz the exhaust Can, the angle is too steep skywards and doesn't flow with the swingarm/bodywork lines IMHO

And this is my humble opinion so don't take offence or owt but I think it would look far better if the pipe and Can were angled downwards a good 30-40 degrees from it's current position?

[​IMG]

9. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha nice try Martin :)

Sinewave you dont miss a trick do you :) yes I was never 100% sold on this and the new engine will require a whole new exhaust so that will be addressed.. Im thinking standard rr6 headers as I believe these are Ti? and then perhaps custom racefit end can & link pipe which will be lower down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

well been in the garage tonight (again) not done much today, stripped my frontend down and removed the chain from the swinger. I also finished off the engine mount template and even sprayed it silver (what a tart)

[​IMG]

I also started looking at the RR4 loom, well what a nightmare mess!! Thinking of mounting the rec under the beam where the old coils used to mount as this area is quite clear and perhaps putting the ECU next to it. The Rec wires will reach to this location but will have to put it on a plate so the heat can be dispersed properly. Fuse boxes perhaps on the bulk head behind the head stock.. not handy I know will be tank off to change them but they are huge buggers!!

[​IMG]

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Not Ti mate they are just shitty steel

12. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Are they.. oh rubbish, will have to keep my eye out for an after market one for decent money then nearer the time.. read somewhere rr4 was steel and 06-07 was Ti.. Goes to show dont believe everything you read eh :)

13. Tug

Tug Active Member

Hi Folks, LC. Just read this thread in it's entirety after catching little snippets here and there. I would recommend this read to anyone!! WoW! I've been thinking alot recently about the mileage creeping up on my RR8 (11,000). I ride it alot, for work and pleasure, only had it a year. I worry sometimes that I'll never have enough money to keep up with brand new bikes (as if I will ever realise the potential of my current model). This thread however has proved to me that with a Haynes manual, a set of balls, a lot of study and a shed load of luck, I might never have to!........................ Finance it is then!

Seriously, Lamb Chops, a true ambassador of modification!

14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

haha thanks Tug made me chuckle :) I think im being given far to much credit here on my abilities! more a case of taking a risk and spending far to much time & money on an old bike!

15. just_me _and _me _bike

Dude 11k miles is nowt!! I did 55k in 4 yrs on me R6, she still shifted as good as any bike out there ( imo ) its not how old or wot bike it always comes down to how hard you wanna ride it :)

11k prob hasnt even broken a sweat

16. Tug

Tug Active Member

Bet it rides the way you want it to though pal, and it looks immense! What more does anyone wish for in a bike??????:cool:

17. Tug

Tug Active Member

Cheers pal, My 1st son is a week old and I'm naturally considering my spending priorities! lol Read this thread and was genuinely encouraged!!:)

That is to say that sneaking a brand new graphite repsol honda through the front door might be hard to justify, a second hand
    ohlins rear shock however........................:D

#97 Tug, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. just_me _and _me _bike

Stick a shade on it and you cud disguise it as the babies new pram :p

19. Tug

Tug Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. just_me _and _me _bike

Ive got one on mine dude, it is very VERY LOUD!! Does not come with a baffle at all.

No need for fuel remap or power commander or iwt, just take off the original n this slides in place with a hole for the sensor to. You alos get a lovely carbon plate to fill in the gap in the fairing.

On starting up it sounds like a very angry rottweilier n pulses until she reads 75 degrees then stays constant on 1200 rpm.

Highly recommended to wear ear plugs at ALL times or u will go deaf very quick!! :p

Ive had cop cars behind me, infront of me n even overtaken a few, no problems at all :) u wont regret it thats for sure

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1