My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

No idea at all martin, not discussed any details with them yet.. I know they want to ride it and do a feature ive not discussed any other details yet with them yet. I guess its time to plan something now with them as we are very close.. Wicked coatings are hoping to have the tail back to me end of next week, no news from Rich at Austin racing yet when the exhaust is going to be done.

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is it costing much to get wicked coatings to do your tail piece? Might use them to cover the SP seat cowl I want to get in either black or matt carbon

3. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

See if they want to do a theme with the sps.. Your hand lovingly crafted special against the factory made one.. I'll bring mine down for you :D

4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

they are charging me around £150 I think plus paint they told me but that was before they saw it, plus the mudguard.. They have not told me the final price yet but expecting around that figure, it does have 5 different colours on it.. That was a discounted price though.. They are not particularly cheap but they seem to do a great job!

5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Yes did wonder if they wanted to do something like that haha :)

6. Daznorthwest

Promise I'll take my exhaust off.. Doesn't seem to be much love for it :(

7. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

No leave it on Daz looks great!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daznorthwest

I am doing Lc.. I'm really suited with it.. Does look a lot better with the belly pan and fairing infill on.. You know what it's like to be different :).. Want be another sp with that on.. Prabbably a good job lol. I'm giving them a bad name ..are you suited with yours? What a project. Lots of admiration for you mate.. Mans done good ;)

9. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Daz :) im over the moon with it, cant wait to get the exhaust on and try it out properly! Will chuck my old tail on if the exhaust turns up before the painted tail and get the MOT done. Have a friendly MOT inspector which I think will come in handy haha

10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well just heard back from Rich at Austin racing this morning and its bad news he cannot see how the GP2 exhaust can be mounted to the Akra headers..

Hes given me the name of a custom exhaust fabricator in Oxford who maybe able to help so ive emailed him.. I suspect hes going to need the bike though so need to think how I can transport it.. I can see this turning in to a bit of an expensive nightmare!! :(

11. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't believe u butchered my exhaust for nothing! Lol

12. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear about the exhaust mate, now Martin take the pins out of that doll your playing with ;)

13. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Even butchered....................I,d prob ave em!

14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Haha, get away you vultures!! I have a backup plan, perhaps the metal spinners who did the frame mods can help, they can certainly spin up an adaptor perhaps.. Will give the chap a call next week when they open.

Alternative could sell the austin system and buy a racefit growler which would be an easier join...

#1014 lambchops, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  15. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't like to tell you I told you so ;)

To get a racefit that is

16. TeZ

TeZ New Member

I know someone that would like your Austin...;)

17. Phil.O

Phil.O Member

I was thinking he'd be putting a few more in :p

18. Skippy79

Skippy79 Active Member

I kind of thought that the link pipe would only fit on some kind V8 engine exhaust, the thing is massive!!!
    I reckon you should get a custom linkpipe made with a nice can... can't they chop up exhaust so you could still use the can on a fabricated linkpipe??

19. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

They don't seem to do any exhaust fabrication there skippy.. Rich said they would have to send the parts to this chap anyway if something custom was needed, they only make their production systems there or perhaps they don't even do that not sure...

Also cutting up a system I got for £50 is one thing but I'm very reluctant to chop the austin system as paid £450 for it and would like something back if things go bad with the project.. My only hope is the guys who did the frame fabrication as they can make a sleeve but they can't make it in ti only alloy or stainless and I'm not sure if you can weld titanium to stainless...

So may need them to make the whole link piece to push on to the akro headers and then the austin system pushes on to that but getting that made so everything angles correctly could be a big ask... So may have to rethink the whole rear part of the exhaust. Bit gutted really as wanted it on the road within a couple of weeks

20. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Just ride with the headers only