My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry lambchops i didn't finish work till late, hope to see the bike soon

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well just got in, great night met arthur true gent! It's was cramed got blocked in couldnt leave haha. Loads of questions about the bike and I think it lived up to the hype lol

• Like Like x 4
  3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Was GREAT to meet you LC, your a top bloke, bike looked MUCH MUCH better than the photos show, think you have done yourself proud, I loved it! GREAT job, top bloke, catch up again soon :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Haha thanks arthur, great to finally meet up your too kind matey. I already wanted a hm quickshifter but now you have me wanting the slipper clutch also as it is a little snatchy, noticed it even more on the way home! Thanks... :) oh and result on finding the glasses too lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. arthurbikemad

Dyno may help mate, I'd map it and see how she rolls, sorry to chew your ear off, RED BULL and me don't go well, plus bike talk I run in full blurb mode! lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

It was nice meeting you tonight. I was the guy that was talking to you about carbon fibre.

Bike looked superb.

Pictures on the forum dont do it justice

Cheers
    Rich

7. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

Damn! Finished work Rushed home leathers on garage open and out! Managed to get there but must of missed you! Couldn't believe how busy it was eventually parked up jumped off bike thought I'll have a quick scoot around for you then got chatting to an old fella waiting for his biking mates! It always happens to me felt obliged to stay with him (started to think they weren't coming) I'm to polite! anyways couldn't see you. Next time defo LC!

8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Ah cool that could help then, also chain felt a little slack also which wasnt helping things. Need to soften up the suspension it's all far to hard also noticed the clutch lever was very low on full left lock and fingers were touching the fairing and couldn't let it out. Not great when trying to navigate the loomies parking lot when it's chocker lol.

How loud was it when I rode off silly loud or not to bad?

9. arthurbikemad

Sounded great, real nice, and looked the balls too! It's a top job all round! As for the finger trap, Ducati does that! They call it character!

10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Ah hi rich you should have said you were on here buddy. Good to chat to you matey :)

Next time Womble for sure :) sorry had to be home for 8 instructions from the other half haha

11. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Think it's going to have plenty of "character" Arthur :)

12. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well went out for a great mornings ride yesterday and am now much happier on the bike. It's unforgiving through town very harch, lots of weight on the wrists but get on the boil and hit the twistyies and it all falls in to place! It's transformed in the handling department and feels so planted in the corners. It's a great Sunday afternoon bike and probably very good on track too but not one for touring on!

It can be skittish, had some head shake when on full chat in third over some rough ground as had to remove the damper. Nothing to major but need to bear that in mind when giving it beans until I can refit the damper.

Overall it's been fantastic, it was warm yesterday and she runs at 82, even in town never had the fan come on yet, think the most I saw was 95 when in traffic so my little rad seems to be doing the business :)

Only issue I've had is lost a number plate bolt! Not to bad :)

#1152 lambchops, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Can you adjust the rear ride height with the shock?
    May be an idea if possible to drop the height a couple of mm to see if it will ease the sore wrists and also make it less twitchy.

14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Yes already taken half inch out of the rear Colin, its much better than it was. Could possibly take a tiny bit more perhaps to try it..

15. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Done another EP of my ride series hehe, the Loomies run this time. Language is choice in places so please ignore that :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Well went to Loomies tonight just for a burn and WombleWizard was there. We had a chat then decided to take a spin from Loomies to Buryhill. Had a great ride lovely evening. Thanks Womble really enjoyed that Buddy! You surprised me at the roundabout haha. But do love those stretches there between roundabout was giving it some beans and dam did it feel fast!!! Sure I had the wheel up all the way through second at one point! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Well I didn't miss much up the cafe then looking at the vid :(

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Haha was packed mart! Sure it will be again when your on the road though, rain forecast this weds mind :(

19. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I know and guess when mine should be finished..............yep tues fecking evening! Typical aye!

20. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Martin......don't mean to deviate from LCs great post here..... but what is up with yours as I've seen her all in bits ??