My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. marco s

marco s Active Member

Great job L.C a lot of work in that mate . . Will look well when the fairings go back on :cool:

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Marco :)

Yeah MC is fitted Gilesy but no callipers or bleed through yet, need to solder in the brake switch also... So I guess the answer is no really haha

• Like Like x 1
  3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Interested to see how you go with the shifter, no luck with mine, sensitivity was erratic and phone app kept failing to connect to my HTC ONE :( now removed and sold to my mate, I know I know, who needs enemy's when you have mates like me haha, he knows what the score it, I.e it don't work just don't call me lol, no just kidding..well some of...lol

4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I did get as far as playing with the sensitivity Art and it seemed very sensitive slightest touch of the lever it registers. I didn't start the bike as the tanks not refitted. I did loose connection once while playing around but phone battery ran out so couldn't fully test it yet. Back on the case tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Art did you play around with the sensitivity seems a lot of adjustability there?

6. arthurbikemad

I'm not keen on the setup, the bolt is an odd idea.. anyway sure it will be fine, and if not you have a cassette gearbox ;) lol

• Like Like x 3
  7. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Haha allways a bonus :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Womblewizard

Womblewizard Active Member

Better pop these round for the next job!!!!

IMG_0622.jpg

9. arthurbikemad

lol, see even after all these years I still have a sense of humour lol

:D

• Like Like x 2
  10. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Oh wow super trick Womble! Knew you going back to honda for a refit would pay off ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

It's a multi changer ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. arthurbikemad

inbox full!

Hi LC, as far as I know it will work fine, the question needed to be asked is IF the dash is run in 2012 mode does the speed based gear position still work, does the firmware have an option for gear pos by rotary switch or by VSS sensor, that I would like to check. Yeah your 2012 dash, I think if you ground the gear pos it would just display a "-" rather than a 6 :) Will dig out the template, sure I have it, that or HM WILL have one, or as you asked the backplate, no problem, and yes a LC logo would be no prob, may have to wait a day or so but don't see why not, very cool.

#1292 arthurbikemad, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  13. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Art appreciate if you could check the speed sensor part not knowing how the dash works haven't got a clue :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

OK been an absence of updates on here :( me bad.

Things still going on, first off big thanks to Womble for the carbon parts. New clocks hanger and rear access panel, made out of carbon fibre which was going on a satellite its top quality :) Thanks buddy.

sorry horrid pic

[​IMG]

Next up with the new HID fitted I have optimised my headlight loom, removed the H4 connectors and one of the indicator wires, the one which runs to the right hand side of the bike as I want to run this through the bike as opposed to having a wire in view. The uncovered wire there is for the new indicator on the left, not sure what connectors they come with yet so left it bare for now. Also bought a LED flasher relay to save using the silly in-line resistors

[​IMG]

And last up, ignition barrel removed ready for the keyless module going in, yes I did get one :)

res598.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. DymagBlade

DymagBlade New Member

Howdy Lambchops,

DymagBlade here from Ireland, near Mondello Park racetrack.Just joined forum.
    Came across your stunning Blade over the weekend on youtube. Man, hats off to that build. Fantastic work. Love it when someone says, let's not buy the current crop of race rep, and just modify/rebuild what you have. An absolute master piece there.

16. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Dymag appreciated buddy, its been a labour of love that's for sure :)

Yeah its a special case that goes through the trouble I have, or is that special needs always mix those up :)

17. DymagBlade

DymagBlade New Member

One of the main reasons, probably THE main reason i joined here was your bike. I currently run 3 bikes, ahem, not all big money things now. I have an 02 ZX12r with renthal high bar conversion, also a classic 7/11 streetfighter, the Gsxr 92 frame, with 95 1100 engine. Absolutely love the Streetfighter scene and anything not standard. My third bike is a 94 Blade almost totally rebuilt by some guy in the UK many years ago. He spent a fortune on it.... bodywork is the Repsol NSR 500 Doohan rep bodywork from It has a single sided Race Applications Monaco swingarm absolute work of art engineering, maybe you heard of them??? , ten times better than fitting the traditional VFR swinger...other bits include billet 6 front brakes, ohlins shock, rearsets, dynacoils, dynojet kit, dymag gold wheels..... other bits i can't recall.... thing is, i flipped it at a track day some years ago, so any pics if i posted them, would show a wreck. Seeing your bike has inspired me to try rebuild.....and if you would allow me to pick your brains on some rear subframe changes/ideas?? i'd be forever grateful.

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

great collection of bikes there Dymag, the 94 blade sounds very intersting defo worth rebuilding. Don't suppose you have any old pics before the crash? Can't get to your link at the moment but will check that out.

I cannot claim full honours for the subframe, it was made by a chap called cabbie who had it on his 95. He made two, one for his girlfriends blade and the other for his. He ended up breaking his 95 and selling parts off but ended up giving me the subframe as the plastics where cracked and needed a new tail piece. Any questions happy to help :)

19. DymagBlade

DymagBlade New Member

I upgraded my pc lately so pics on another machine. Will definitely try dig out some over next few days. Jesus i think i was only reading Cabbie's builds somewhere lately.Definitely remember reading a build similar to yours for some guy's girlfriend... bloody small world. Any chance of getting hold of one of those subframes,drawings or even a template some way to get one made????? otherwise i was thinking of the post 08 Blade rear end, race kit hrc subframe plus tail piece bodywork, but how difficult to fit hrc race subframe to my 94 frame ?????

20. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

The tail unit plastics are off the bike at the moment so will take some good photos for you with some measurements. Its nothing to complex just a simple box design but works well. I did consider getting it replicated and selling a few as I'm sure there's a market, but as its not my design that's out of the question, plus like having something not available to all :)

I know others who have added the 08 tail plastics, if you have a look on Facebook the Fireblade owners group there's a chap there who's posted loads of pictures of his project build with an 08 tail. Personally I'm not a fan, the tail is to thin for the bike as the early blade is a portly beast with a massive tank as you know.

My Honda RS125 seat still has some width so works very well IMO, plus I love short arsed bikes with the wheel sticking out much further than the tail :)

Get those pics up :)

#1300 lambchops, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1