My Winter Project :-)

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by lambchops, Sep 15, 2013.

1. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

wow jim another promotion! you will be the md next! you still doing nights?

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Try this LC, if you can't see it OK on here PM me your email and I'll see if a pdf doc scan any better.

CBR 2012 Wiring Diag.jpg

3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Nah, no good on here as you can't zoom in.

PM me LC and I'll waz it over to ya.

4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Sinewave, will send you a PM as that could be useful anyway :)

OK so have a close up of the 2012 clocks, and have done a wire mapping comparison

[​IMG]

Also have it in excel, I have listed the ones im not sure about in bold on here, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

any idea what the bold ones are? SP for example?

• Like Like x 1
  5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

SP = Speed sensor.
    SP-VCC looks to be powered from the Clocks of the 2012 and not the main loom of the 2004 (see speed sensor of diag on 2004)
    ILLUM = Clock illumination. (powered from city park light on 2004)

Cant tell you the others as don't have a 2012 diag here.

Trace them back from the clock connector and you should see what they feed/power/signal from/to.

6. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Arthur, have some more info:

SP-VCC is your speed sensor Voltage Constant ~ usually a 5V reference for the sensor
    GND is your ground
    H/L RELAY is your high beam low beam relay for the headlight. This used to done by the switchgear itself, but like my CBR 250RR would eventually melt the contacts if you ran a higher than factory wattage bulb.
    SP-SIG is you speed sensor signal.
    FUEL PULSE I'm not sure. Probably a confirmation signal that the injector fired.
    ILLUM would probably be the dash illumination. One common wire instead of individual bulbs.

7. arthurbikemad

I'd be sure to check the SP-VCC voltage as looks like 12v ** on the older bike. (** i.e powered from the loom and not the dash)

If I get a mo I will see if I have a 2012 diagram to look at, not got one where I am today.

8. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

I dont have a SP-VCC on the old loom though.. So cant connect that to the clocks? If you could check the manual when your near one would be appreciated thanks :)

On other news, have my frame back with a nice 12mm hole drilled through the lower engine mount so will try that back together tonight

#168 lambchops, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  9. arthurbikemad

If the 2012 has +5v on the SP-VCC from the clocks you will have to use a 5v supply from the 2004 loom (may find one on the ECU), if no 5v power then a voltage reducer/transistor like those in small USB power sockets could be used ;)

10. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

I'm still fixated on this thread but the last page is about 11ft over my head lol . Good work boys getting together head scratching love it !

11. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

OK thanks Arthur but I dont understand why these clocks need an SP-VCC connection when the RR4 clocks never had this? What functionality will be missing from the clocks by ignoring this? Or have I got my wires completely crossed here (see what I did there?) and its needed for something else?

12. sinewave

sinewave God Like

The SP-VCC connection from the CM along with the Pink Fuel Pulse wire goes to a VS Sensor (Designated California Type) along with a GRND.

The Pink Fuel Pulse wire also T's off to the ECU

#172 sinewave, Oct 31, 2013
  13. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Unfortunately Not, back working days, buy only over the winter period then back to nights, so plenty of time come spring for ride-outs. Looks like you could be leaving me for dead on the straights................. as well as the bends.

#173 JimGreen, Oct 31, 2013
  14. rocket

rocket Active Member

just stumbled on this thread and i,m hooked!! hats off to you lc thats a big challenge. i restored 2x 350lc,s and a gpz900r over last 5 years but this is a whole different ball game. will follow with interest! :cool:

#174 rocket, Oct 31, 2013
  15. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks for the info sinewave, not quite sure what the implications are yet though :)

Thanks also Rocket

Well did some more tonight, have the engine tight on the frame now with my new drilled out frame mounts, now running the 12mm blade spindles on the lower mount. Going to take it all down to the fabricators Monday to talk about the front brackets and get those welded on.

Thought I would try the airbox and injector rails on to see where the airbox is going to sit and if it will clear the tank. Well it doesnt clear the tank and right away found the airbox fouls the frame beam support.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I decided to cut it out, well didnt have any choice really.. Now need to decide if i need to remount another support or run without it completley.. Not decided yet..

With the mount gone I could try the tank on, well as you can see it doesnt clear, so need to cut the inside of the tank out to make room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Can you help me change my brake lever............... LOL, Only Joking.

Shiiiiiit, John, that's one hell of a project. I thought I was good with a spanner and fabrication, but this takes the bullet.

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  17. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Thanks Jim :)

Well done a bit more over the weekend, frame is now ready to go to the fabricators, I know I keep saying this but im finally happy. Both wooden templates fitted each side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also have the rear upper mount mocked up, need them to make the spacers to size and replace the wooden block for alloy ones welded to the frame.

[​IMG]

Also started chopping up the tank to make it fit over the airbox

[​IMG]

With this much removed it fits fine

[​IMG]

Ive also had a play with how this could be modded, now im not sure if its going to be possible to weld to a complex shape like the outside of the tank.. Any welders advise? Need another end of the box section but I hope you get the idea.. Fuel pump will go on the end.

[​IMG]

#177 lambchops, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  18. sinewave

sinewave God Like

19. hump333

hump333 Member

Can't you get 04 /07 tank an then weld it in your tank or use yours like tank cover ?

20. Mattlong

Mattlong New Member

Thought about removing the Aprilia casting and getting HRC milled on it when I did my Mille conversion, didn't though.