New 2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade mentioned in MCN

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by dan.1moore1, May 11, 2011.

1. GO HONDA RED

GO HONDA RED Active Member

2. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

^^ Hey!! I got and SRAD gixxer!! lol

personally, i think the current shape blade is light years ahead of the rr5. I wanted an rr5, but then when the new shape came out, its like meeting your wifes, younger, fitter sister - you still love the old one, but man do i want to ride that..! Yeeeehhhaaaaaa!

• Like Like x 3
  3. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

I wasn't sure at first because I always loved my orange metallic '98, but once I got it, I fell in love, the '08 onwards Blade is an absolute feckin legend.

Think Marvin Hagler, a 'seek and destroy' machine with a flat nose, brutal...

4. GO HONDA RED

GO HONDA RED Active Member

I

I never question the Performance of the latiest and greatiest. The bar is always being raised.
    But what I'm curious about is how Manufactures are packaging these Formula Ones on two wheels.

Areas of concern for me are:

Nose- How many Hot sport cars do you know have a Blunt nose design. As far as I remember, the 04-07CBR was raved for their looks. And saleswent well.

Tail- From far away I get the impression that having a Tail section ending closer to the back of a Rear Tire gives the Profile of a Full Size SportBike.
    Also to have the Exhaust running out the Tail Section just seems spot on right. MotoGP Bikes have one foot in each camp. One pipe off the side and one out the tail section. But look at the size of those MotoGP Tail Sections. They are closer to the 04-07CBR Design.

There's an interesting observation point to be made about the 600CBRs. Check out the Body Design that Honda has continued hold on to for I don't know how may yrs. And as you know the 600CBR is a living Legend.

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I had a the new shape 600rr when they launched in 2007 and loved the under seat exhaust but after a few years i went off it as the back just didnt look as clean as the other bikes.

The 600rr is due an update now so it will be interesting to see if they keep the underseat exhaust or go centerd like the other bikes they have launched recently

6. REG148

REG148 Active Member

As an update to the original thread.......
    I had an email from HONDA UK ref the possibility of the new 2012 RR/RVF/What ever you want to call it, and basically they have said that there is nothing in the pipeline as yet for this bike that is rumoured around the internet, however on one line they do state that "Honda do not openly discuss future projects before the release date has been finalised" so make what you will of that! now do I wait until next year in the hope that this happens or get my Ar5e down to the dealership and get the 2011 HRC Blade???

7. dan.1moore1

Im gutted than a new bike could be released less than a year after i have bought mine new .. A couple of months later would be a right bumber

8. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

i am thinking of changing mine for the 2011, i have a 2009 just now but there are some good deals going on just now and the prospect of a new blade being about £13000 does not fill me up with all that loving feeling i know that it might have the lastest tricky but i will probably be the same as lot of people out there that have been driving bikes for years ...... i dont want it and i dont need it and how much...... and neither does BSB by the sounds of it.....some people out there have a spending limit mine seems to be the latest price they have..... as an ex Yamaha rider i bought my 55 plate for £9200 brand new and now its £13000 no wonder big sports bikes are not selling so well and the Blade is the top of the pile i hope Honda thinks that this is also to do with price along with it being a very capable bike that is also very well built

9. dan.1moore1

Yeah true enough. If the 2012 was out when i bought mine last april then i doubt i would have gone for the blade if it was 13000 + . My second choice would have been the new Gixxer 750 keeping me under the 10k mark.

I already had a current shape cbr600rr so i would of had to venture to the dark side and joined the gixxer junkies. Plus i doubt the 0% finance will still be available on the new release.

10. djfleming22

I think maybe Honda should also think the same as some car manufactures and make some models with different specs so people can have a choice, also i worked in the car industry for 15 years and the car trade is on its arse just now.....manufactures are dropping prices to try and get people to buy cars while the motorbike industry is trying to get us to by more motorbikes while increasing the price and most manufactures dont realize that our bikes are passion not a necessity.... unlike cars

• Like Like x 1
  11. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Hey reg148, go and get that hrc blade bud- you won't regret it. I thought about waiting till the new one came out but the 5 years interest free was to good to miss for me, totally love it .

12. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

DJflem - Keep the 09 - why get an 11 and loose loads a dosh?

Then get the 2012 when you know more.

13. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

After asking a few questions from Honda , the 2012 engine will be very similar to the 2008-11 model dimensions wise. The usual silence about the other parts of the bike.

14. dan.1moore1

Its not rumoured to be a total overhaul , just a revised version of the current bike . Everywhere seems to be saying the same thing

Traction control
    Revised side fairing
    smaller exhaust
    revised headlights

Probably a similar thing to when they updated the 04-05 to 06-07, The biggest change looks to be the addition of traction control

15. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

I think its a good thing its not a total overhaul... as all the crap we've bought can fit on a new one!

16. djfleming22

Was offered £5500 for my 09 plate blade with 5500 miles today ...... againest a 11 plate blade on 0% finance....as you can imagine the answer was a big no

17. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I was offered £4500 for my RR8 on a 10 plate with all the goodies i have on her by GW Swindon.......cheeky tw@ts

18. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

That's an absolute f--king joke mate, how dare they.!

19. djfleming22

I take it all these Honda dealers are just trying to offer deals that dont exist or are just not interested .... i was going to report the guy that offered me a deal for attempted rape or buggery

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Obviously all the rumours we hear about dealers not being able to sell sportbike is bollocks if they don't feel the need to try harder than that.