New dirt bike.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Grooveski, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Forgot to mention the scary bit.

Floating ground mod I think it was called. Rewiring the generator for DC lighting.

Wasn't hard. I just followed the instructions that came with the TrailTech reg/rec that I picked up.
    Was nerve wracking though - chopping up a perfectly good stator.

2. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

While tightening the chain I noticed a fair bit of material on my back sprocket seemed to be missing. :confused:

Oh no - it's not missing - there it is. :D

[​IMG]

I don't know - was my first alloy sprocket. Maybe a thousand miles is ok milage for one.
    Anyhow - have ordered a steel replacement.
    ...and taken the opportunity to go up a tooth to 47. Can spare a litle top end and the 5th-6th transition is a touch tall on uphill stretches sometimes.
    (mainly due to the baffle robbing power - could still use a rejet)

3. Grooveski

Grooveski Active Member

Big end gone! :(

Knew that sooner or later the engine would need a teardown. It's gettting on and has never been looked after the way dirt bikes should be.

To end the post on a cheerier note. Here's a couple of pics from a track day a couple of months ago. :D

Used to be able to keep up with my mate's son when he was on the 85. Now that he's on a 150 it's a different story. To be fair, everyone's quicker on the 150 - the wee thing rips!

[​IMG]

Most folk's worst nightmare - seeing their vehicle airborne in the hands of a 15 year old. :p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1