new Shoei x-spirit

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by flatstickHRC, Aug 2, 2011.

1. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

No worries mate

I need it back before next weekend as I'm back to work Sunday so will let you know

On a lighter note my new lid just came and I'm well pleased

That bikers bargains are spot on. £285 for a brand new x spirit and next day delivery

It's not even been out the box before. I thought it must be ex display but you can tell it's never been opened. Well chuffed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. flatstickHRC

No worries mate

I need it back before next weekend as I'm back to work Sunday so will let you know

On a lighter note my new lid just came and I'm well pleased

That bikers bargains are spot on. £285 for a brand new x spirit and next day delivery

It's not even been out the box before. I thought it must be ex display but you can tell it's never been opened. Well chuffed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Aye you just can't beat the smell of a nice clean helmet !

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Flatstick, now's your chance, Heine Gerike have got a sale on Arlen Ness leather.

6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Just to add my bit on the corsa 3's

I had them for 20 miles before the rear let go with no warning on my R1, cost me £1500 to fix but it was low speed 10 - 15 mph coming out of a junction (very carefully) just squeezed on the power then I hit the deck (eventually) !

My tyres seemed to be oozing the releasing agent very visably once I got a chance to have a look.

I would never use these tyres ever again, I am sure they where the only reason I fell off that day, if it was my fault i would be the first to admit it.

Good thing tyres have moved on so much recently.

also

Love the new Lid :) I have a kato memorial x-spirit and it is the best helmet I have ever owned :) the fit is spot on

7. JM1

JM1 Active Member

I'm sure that Biker's Bargains logo is the same as M&P or MPS or something.

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not a million miles off the M&P one.

9. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Jamie, I have the kato lid the one before he died, blue black and red with the arrow on. Fantastic lid and that's the one I've dropped and scraped!! Totally gutted. Am going to see about an xspirit2 maybe when the nec comes around.

10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

You can see my lid in the cadwell pics.

I scratched the chin area on my kato lid (made the mistake of turning my head to see what the bike was doing) when I came off only about the size of a 20p peice, I went to a local model shop and bought some airfix paints and touched it up, you can only notice if you look close up now:)

I loved the origional kato lid but the memorial lid is awesome, I need a new lid soon will do the same as you I think, just dont know what graphics to go for next ?

11. flatstickHRC

I wanted the Kato one but could only find XL. They're hard to find new now.

I got the email regarding arlen ness sale but my suit is fine other than a few scuffs which it had anyway. Leathers without scars look a bit odd to me!

Regarding the corsa III being slippy, I've never bad a problem in the past with them.

Also when racing I would go thru maybe 20+ rear tyres a year and have never had an issue scrubbing a tyre in.

This one was unbelievable how quick/unexpected it let go.

I actually didn't think it was a big moment at first and thought I caught it but it just kept on sliding. Literally bolt upright on steady throttle at about 20mph.

If I was acting a tit or made a mistake I could understand it but it's bloody annoying that this happenEd and I 100% believe I couldn't have done anything different that day.

Good news is I'm getting it back on Thursday next week! Can't wait

12. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Must have been a banana skin on the road mate :)

13. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Banana skin lol

14. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Hey flatstick bet you can't wait eh, if I could get another kato lid I'd have it , none of the currant shoeis are as nice IMO . My daughters just bought the same one you just got from bikers bargains, it's a cracking price and looks really good. I got a good deal at custom lids on a tomizawa xspirit 2 so pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday .

15. flatstickHRC

i like that one. its one of only a couple of x spirit 2 i like. i also like the white kyo replica